Category Archives: Uncategorized
KC Dyer’s Finding Fraser found its place in Kindlle Amazon’s bestselling list last month. The novel got positive reception with more than 230 reviews with average 4.3 stars. Our next guest loves to write her name with small letters. You will understand why in the following interview.
– Lady Dyer, what the readers will see in your book Finding Fraser?
– This story is for everyone who has fallen for a character in a novel. One of my readers wrote that it is for everyone who has taken a child to find Platform 9 3/4 at Kings Cross, or looked inside the back of a wardrobe for a secret door. We all love characters in books — and in this story, Emma Sheridan just takes the action we would all love to take to follow her dreams.
– How did you decide to write the story?
– I got the idea one day on my way to meet a friend for a coffee-shop writing session. When I told her the idea, she laughed — and so I decided to go for it!
– What was the biggest challenge during the write up process?
– This is my 7th published novel, but it is my first for grown-ups and my first to be independently published. I am literally learning something new every day with this process.
– Tell us something more about your main characters? Are they 100% fiction or it’s close to someone from your real life?
– 100% fiction. Of course, I take inspiration from people around me — friends and strangers alike. There are bits of lots of them in my characters, but each character is uniquely fictional, in the end.
– How much time you need to finish a book and to publish it?
– It totally varies with the book. The writing is definitely the fastest part. I can usually write a book in 9 months to a year. I wrote one of my books in 6 months. And I am working on a series of five novels right now that I started in 2006.
– Would you tell us more about your An Eagle Glen Trilogy?
– The Eagle Glen trilogy is made up of SEEDS OF TIME, SECRET OF LIGHT and SHADES OF RED. These books make up the story of Darrell and her dog Delaney — time travellers who are out to right some very personal wrongs. Darrell has lost her father and part of her leg in a car accident, and she would do anything — ANYthing — to stop that terrible event from ever having happened. She ends up travelling back in time to plague-ridden Scotland, Renaissance Italy and Reformation England in order to try to put things right in her own life.
– Who are you?
– I’m a writer who spends more time in my imagination than in the real world, often. When I’m not writing, I like to read, run and walk in the woods with my dog.
– What are your writing habits?
– As often as I can. I try to move my work forward in some way every day. A great day for me is 1000 good words and a 5 k run.
– Are you satisfied by the sales of the books?
– Writers always crave more readers. It is a point of connection for us. I have to say that the sales of FINDING FRASER have really blown me away. Emma has really connected with her readers!
– Do you have plans for your next novel and would you unveil something about it?
– Well, I’m trying to wrap up this giant time-travel steampunk epic I’ve been slaving over for years. Let’s just say it has automatons, wormholes, death, disaster and world-changing choices all wrapped up in between the covers of a single, special book. My goal is to have the whole thing — all 5 volumes — finished by 2016!
– How you promote by the best possible way your book?
– My books have all been best promoted by word of mouth. When readers love a story, they share!
– What was your reaction when you saw Finding Fraser in Top 20 of Kindle Amazon Bestselling List?
– Total shock! This is my first best-seller. FINDING FRASER sat at number one for at least three days, and hasn’t dropped out of the top five in Romantic Comedy since its release. It’s been SO exciting to watch!
– I love your web page. How you came up with the idea to make it like a dark castle?
– Ah — so glad you like it! That is the closest image I could get to how I see Blackthorne House, which is the setting for the series I am working on right now. The site is going to change a bit in the future, though. The house needs a little freshening up! =)
– Why you are writing your author name with small letters?
– I like the way it looks. I’ve always done it that way!
– Ask yourself a question?
Okay… So, hey, kc, why would you choose such a uncertain and subjective occupation as writing? Are you nuts? Well… my favourite thing to do is read, and my second is to write. I can’t make much of a living with either, but I get to do what I love, so really? I might be nuts, but I have the BEST job in the world.
Take a look at her books:
Shades of Red: An Eagle Glen Trilogy Book
Seeds of Time: An Eagle Glen Trilogy Book
Secret of Light: An Eagle Glen Trilogy Book
A Walk Through A Window
Ms. Zephyr’s Notebook Facing Fire
The New York Times Bestselling author Liza Unger published her latest novel Crazy Love You in February. “Hard to stop reading”, “Fast-paced psychological thriller” and “Mystical and mesmerizing,” are just few of the positive opinions about the book.
With 13 titles behind her our next guest is well established name in the thriller genre. We are honored to have her in the following Land of Books interview.
– What is your book Crazy Love You about?
– I do a notoriously bad job telling people what my book is about. The publisher on the other hand does a pretty good one:
Darkness has a way of creeping up when Ian is with Priss. Even when they were kids, playing in the woods of their small Upstate New York town, he could feel it. Still, Priss was his best friend, his salvation from the bullies who called him “loser” and “fatboy”… and from his family’s deadly secrets.
Now that they’ve both escaped to New York City, Ian no longer inhabits the tortured shell of his childhood. He is a talented and successful graphic novelist, and Priss… Priss is still trouble. The booze, the drugs, the sex—Ian is growing tired of late nights together trying to keep the past at bay. Especially now that he’s met sweet, beautiful Megan, whose love makes him want to change for the better. But Priss doesn’t like change. Change makes her angry. And when Priss is angry, terrible things begin to happen…
Read the rest of this entry
With 25 million sales Tess Gerritsen deserves the title Queen of Thrillers. She uses her own experience as retired physician to polish the details in her novels.
In January she published the latest adventure from famous Fizzoli & Isles series Die Again. The book became an instant hit and currently is standing with average 4.6 Amazon stars from 767 reviews.
We’ve got a great chance to speak with famous author about her books (26 novels and counting), her writing habits and her future plans. Enjoy.
– Your book Die Again became another hit from Rizzoli & Isles series. Your personal opinion, which is the most thrilling point in the novel?
– The most thrilling parts to write were certainly the sections in Africa, and Millie’s fight to stay alive. I loved writing about how she transforms from a rejected girlfriend to a true heroine. I always love stories where the “ordinary” person becomes victorious.
Read the rest of this entry
Miranda Liasson will make her literary debut with This Thing Called Love on May 1. Her novel already reached the Top 10 of Kindle Amazon bestselling list. The primary feedback by the readers is pleasant with average 4.00 stars from 61 reviews. Let’s now meet with the next cool name in romance genre Lady Miranda Liasson.
– Miranda, your debut book This Thing Called Love will be released on May 1. Would you tell us more about it?
– Sure, Ognian, and thanks for asking me to be on your blog!
This Thing Called Love is a love story first and foremost. Love stories are about the experience of being human, how we come to fall in love and how love often helps us to heal and overcome various heartaches and flaws and become the best versions of ourselves. Romances embrace the bonds of family and friendships and celebrate what is best in life.
My book is about two people thrown back together after ten years because of a tragedy who come to know each other again. Olivia, a workaholic self-help editor from New York City, is called home to her small town to take guardianship of her baby niece and finds she must manage the baby, her career, and also deal with the baby’s sexy but troublesome uncle, her old, unforgettable love.
Read the rest of this entry
Dear friends, Happy New Year. In the first day of 2015 it’s time to check out the biggest hits in the literary world for December 2014. Once again the competition for the top spot lasted until the final week. The winner beats by just two points the second placer.
It’s time now for our countdown:
Read the rest of this entry