Category Archives: Uncategorized
By Ognian Georgiev
The government of Kazakhstan invested $10 mil. into AIBA, Olympic boxing federation, through a company, named Skiff Promotion. The deal raised many questions, because it was never presented or approved by the Executive committee of AIBA. It was a sole decision by the currently suspended AIBA president Ching-Kwo Wu. Few days ago he was temporary removed from his position by the organization’s disciplinary commission because of violation of the rules of the Olympic boxing governing body.
In the verge of inside war and a possible bankrupt of AIBA, because of bad financial decisions, the latest dark contract would put more pressure on Ching-Kwo Wu, who sealed the deal.
Read the rest of this entry
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) will make a review of International Boxing Association (AIBA) and Olympic boxing after the Rio Games. The sport will be reevaluated after the scandals with controversial scoring during the Olympic boxing tournament. “Clearly, any issues raised in the sport will form part of this consideration,” confirmed the IOC via its communication department to Fightnews.com®.
One of the best psychological thrillers for 2015 was released in October by Kathryn Croft. The Girl With No Past won many followers to the British author. The good news for the fans of our next guest is the premiere of the sequel – The Girl You Lost.
We are happy to welcome at Land of Books Kathryn Croft.
– Kathryn, what is your book The Girl With No Past about?
– The book is about a young woman called Leah, whose past comes back to haunt her. She lives a reclusive life as a self-inflicted punishment for something she did when she was younger but now someone has found out what happened and begins a reign of terror against her.
Read the rest of this entry
The adventures of the famous detective Alex Cross continue with book #23 Cross Justice. The novel was published on November 23 and without surprising no one headed NY Times bestseller list. For the past month the title stayed in Top 3 of the most wanted books of the prestigious rankings.
The readers showed their appreciation of the story with brilliant average of 4.7 Amazon stars from 350 plus reviews. Let’s welcome the famous New York writer at our 13 Facts rubric.
KC Dyer’s Finding Fraser found its place in Kindlle Amazon’s bestselling list last month. The novel got positive reception with more than 230 reviews with average 4.3 stars. Our next guest loves to write her name with small letters. You will understand why in the following interview.
– Lady Dyer, what the readers will see in your book Finding Fraser?
– This story is for everyone who has fallen for a character in a novel. One of my readers wrote that it is for everyone who has taken a child to find Platform 9 3/4 at Kings Cross, or looked inside the back of a wardrobe for a secret door. We all love characters in books — and in this story, Emma Sheridan just takes the action we would all love to take to follow her dreams.
– How did you decide to write the story?
– I got the idea one day on my way to meet a friend for a coffee-shop writing session. When I told her the idea, she laughed — and so I decided to go for it!
– What was the biggest challenge during the write up process?
– This is my 7th published novel, but it is my first for grown-ups and my first to be independently published. I am literally learning something new every day with this process.
– Tell us something more about your main characters? Are they 100% fiction or it’s close to someone from your real life?
– 100% fiction. Of course, I take inspiration from people around me — friends and strangers alike. There are bits of lots of them in my characters, but each character is uniquely fictional, in the end.
– How much time you need to finish a book and to publish it?
– It totally varies with the book. The writing is definitely the fastest part. I can usually write a book in 9 months to a year. I wrote one of my books in 6 months. And I am working on a series of five novels right now that I started in 2006.
– Would you tell us more about your An Eagle Glen Trilogy?
– The Eagle Glen trilogy is made up of SEEDS OF TIME, SECRET OF LIGHT and SHADES OF RED. These books make up the story of Darrell and her dog Delaney — time travellers who are out to right some very personal wrongs. Darrell has lost her father and part of her leg in a car accident, and she would do anything — ANYthing — to stop that terrible event from ever having happened. She ends up travelling back in time to plague-ridden Scotland, Renaissance Italy and Reformation England in order to try to put things right in her own life.
– Who are you?
– I’m a writer who spends more time in my imagination than in the real world, often. When I’m not writing, I like to read, run and walk in the woods with my dog.
– What are your writing habits?
– As often as I can. I try to move my work forward in some way every day. A great day for me is 1000 good words and a 5 k run.
– Are you satisfied by the sales of the books?
– Writers always crave more readers. It is a point of connection for us. I have to say that the sales of FINDING FRASER have really blown me away. Emma has really connected with her readers!
– Do you have plans for your next novel and would you unveil something about it?
– Well, I’m trying to wrap up this giant time-travel steampunk epic I’ve been slaving over for years. Let’s just say it has automatons, wormholes, death, disaster and world-changing choices all wrapped up in between the covers of a single, special book. My goal is to have the whole thing — all 5 volumes — finished by 2016!
– How you promote by the best possible way your book?
– My books have all been best promoted by word of mouth. When readers love a story, they share!
– What was your reaction when you saw Finding Fraser in Top 20 of Kindle Amazon Bestselling List?
– Total shock! This is my first best-seller. FINDING FRASER sat at number one for at least three days, and hasn’t dropped out of the top five in Romantic Comedy since its release. It’s been SO exciting to watch!
– I love your web page. How you came up with the idea to make it like a dark castle?
– Ah — so glad you like it! That is the closest image I could get to how I see Blackthorne House, which is the setting for the series I am working on right now. The site is going to change a bit in the future, though. The house needs a little freshening up! =)
– Why you are writing your author name with small letters?
– I like the way it looks. I’ve always done it that way!
– Ask yourself a question?
Okay… So, hey, kc, why would you choose such a uncertain and subjective occupation as writing? Are you nuts? Well… my favourite thing to do is read, and my second is to write. I can’t make much of a living with either, but I get to do what I love, so really? I might be nuts, but I have the BEST job in the world.
Take a look at her books:
Shades of Red: An Eagle Glen Trilogy Book
Seeds of Time: An Eagle Glen Trilogy Book
Secret of Light: An Eagle Glen Trilogy Book
A Walk Through A Window
Ms. Zephyr’s Notebook Facing Fire
The New York Times Bestselling author Liza Unger published her latest novel Crazy Love You in February. “Hard to stop reading”, “Fast-paced psychological thriller” and “Mystical and mesmerizing,” are just few of the positive opinions about the book.
With 13 titles behind her our next guest is well established name in the thriller genre. We are honored to have her in the following Land of Books interview.
– What is your book Crazy Love You about?
– I do a notoriously bad job telling people what my book is about. The publisher on the other hand does a pretty good one:
Darkness has a way of creeping up when Ian is with Priss. Even when they were kids, playing in the woods of their small Upstate New York town, he could feel it. Still, Priss was his best friend, his salvation from the bullies who called him “loser” and “fatboy”… and from his family’s deadly secrets.
Now that they’ve both escaped to New York City, Ian no longer inhabits the tortured shell of his childhood. He is a talented and successful graphic novelist, and Priss… Priss is still trouble. The booze, the drugs, the sex—Ian is growing tired of late nights together trying to keep the past at bay. Especially now that he’s met sweet, beautiful Megan, whose love makes him want to change for the better. But Priss doesn’t like change. Change makes her angry. And when Priss is angry, terrible things begin to happen…
Read the rest of this entry