CRISTIN HARBER: TITAN SERIES IS A COMBINATION BETWEEN ACTION MOVIE AND ROMANCE NOVEL
Posted by Ognian Georgiev
She is talented, she is charming, she is NY Times and USA Today bestselling author. Our next guest is known as one of the top romantic suspense writers in our time. Her Titan series continued with her last novel Black Dawn. The book premiered in July. Cristin Harber’s fans are waiting for the next novel Delta: Rescue that will be released in February. With the kind assistance of Sara Shone we are happy to welcome lady Harber at Land of Books.
– Cristin, you are very productive as a writer. You are working on three different series at once. How did you accomplish such a difficult task of mixing stories and characters?
– All the characters live in the same “world.” Titan came first, and Delta is the ghost team/special ops which works with Titan. The Only series only involves one couple, however in the end, the happily ever after includes Delta and Titan. While it’s three separate series, they are all interconnected.
– What is the origin of Titan series?
– I love action movies, i.e. Jason Bourne movies and Die Hard. I also love romance novels and I combined my love of both and came up with Titan.
– Tell us something more about the way you are creating your protagonists?
– Many times I hear in my head a line of two of their dialogue before I create their character profile. I know their tone of voice, their tenor, the texture of their voice, the pace of their words and I build from there.
– What was the first reaction when you saw your name under NY Times bestselling list?
– When I found out that Black Dawn made the list, I was at RWA in New York City surrounded by my best friends and hundreds of other writers and readers. I was signing books and my phone kept blowing up but I kept silencing it. When I finally opened my phone, I had tons of emails and messages from my publicist telling me the news. My first reaction was tears. Then I stood up and screamed (in the room with hundreds of other people) and after that I called my mom and told her the news.
– How much time did you need to finish a story and to publish it?
– It depends on the book, there’s no rhyme or reason or typical time frame. I don’t plot out my books, I fly by the seat of my pants.
– Who are you?
– I am a mom, romance writer, CEO, business woman. I love love.
– What changed in you since you become a bestselling author?
– I’m an indie author. I grew up in a family of entrepreneurs; how to create businesses was instilled in me since I was born. I’ve always wanted to help people and I now have the ability to share with others who may not have a similar background how to create their own similar ventures.
– You produced some great novels in the last two years. How do you see Cristin Harber as an author after 20 years?
– Thank you! After 20 years, I would like to see Titan as an established brand in the romantic suspense world. I would like more novels with more teams because Titan has expanded. I can’t wait to see what the next generation brings.
– Describe your writing habits?
– It changes every day – there’s no typical method.
– Are you satisfied by the sales of your book?
– Yes, but I’m always reaching for the next level.
– What are you doing to promote your book by the best possible way?
– Social media outreach, reader retention plans, cultivating my newsletter and writing emotionally satisfying books.
– When we will see your next novel and would you unveil something more about it?
– My next book is Delta: Revenge and at this current moment in the editing phase, Delta and Titan travel in four different continents.
– If you may ask yourself one question in the interview what it will be?
– Cristin – what are you getting yourself for Christmas? Well, since you asked – I ordered myself a treadmill desk yesterday. Merry Christmas!
To stay in touch with Critsin Harber take a look at her Website
Take a look at her books:
Winters Heat (Titan Book 1)
Black Dawn (Titan Book 8)
Only for Him
About Ognian GeorgievOgnian Georgiev is a sport journalist, who is working as an editor at the "Bulgaria Today" daily newspaper. He covered the Summer Olympics in Beijing 2008 and in London 2012. The author specializes in sports politics, investigations and coverage of Olympic sports events. Ognian Georgiev works as a TV broadcaster for Eurosport Bulgaria, Nova Broadcasting group, TV+, F+ and TV7. He is a commentator for fight sports events such as boxing/kickboxing and MMA. In May 2014 Ognian Georgiev released the English version of his book The White Prisoner: Galabin Boevski's secret story.
Posted on December 16, 2015, in Author, BESTSELLER, Books, Interview and tagged author, Black Dawn, Cristin Harber, Delta, Titan. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment