Posted by Ognian Georgiev
We are happy to introduce at Land of Books our next guest Scott Allan Morrison, one of the best technology reporter in the past 20 years.
– How did you decide to write the story?
– What was the biggest challenge during the write up process?
– I spent many years at the Financial Times, which places a premium on clear, concise writing (in addition to great ideas and reporting, of course!). There was no room for color, adjectives, even quotes. So when I switched to fiction, it took some time to learn how to let my words flow freely.
– Tell us something more about your main characters Sergio and Malina? Are they close to someone from your real life?
– Sergio and Malina are composites of various people I know in real life, with a little fabrication thrown in.
– How much time did you need to finish the story and to publish it?
– Would you tell the story how your manuscript went to Thomas & Mercer and how you joined forces to work together on the project?
– Who are you?
– News junkie, outdoors lover, traveler, hockey fan.
– What are your writing habits?
– Night owl.
– Are you satisfied by the interest and pre-sales of your book?
– I had no idea what to expect, but the reviews on Amazon suggest readers are really responding to it so I certainly can’t complain.
– What are you doing to promote your book by the best possible way?
– Everything I can think of. Social media, bookstore readings, contributed articles, bugging book reviewers, asking other authors to write blurbs, and shouting from mountaintops.
– When we will see your next novel and would you unveil something more about it?
– It’s a secret. 😉
– You worked for many years as financial reporter. Would you rate the three most important events in the past 25 years in the digital world?
– Oooph, there are too many key moments/events/trends to count, but I’ll go with:
1) The creation of the World Wide Web at CERN and the subsequent browser wars
2) The rise of user-generated content/social media
3) The day Google announced it was going to scan the contents of all our emails and we said, “uh, okay, I guess.”
– Writing is writing, but what are the differences between working daily on newspaper articles and plotting a story for a novel?
– In addition to the differences in writing style, the biggest challenge was summoning the perseverance to tackle such a long-term project. Newspaper articles are written in hours, books not so much.
– If you may ask yourself one question in the interview what it will be?
– Q: What’s your favorite book? A: Gary Larson’s The Far Side Gallery.
To learn more about Scott Allan Morrison check out his Website
Take a look at his book
About Ognian GeorgievOgnian Georgiev is a sport journalist, who is working as an editor at the "Bulgaria Today" daily newspaper. He covered the Summer Olympics in Beijing 2008 and in London 2012. The author specializes in sports politics, investigations and coverage of Olympic sports events. Ognian Georgiev works as a TV broadcaster for Eurosport Bulgaria, Nova Broadcasting group, TV+, F+ and TV7. He is a commentator for fight sports events such as boxing/kickboxing and MMA. In May 2014 Ognian Georgiev released the English version of his book The White Prisoner: Galabin Boevski's secret story.
Pingback: AMAZON TOP 10 BESTSELLERS: DECEMBER 2015 | Land Of Books