TIM DORSEY: I NEVER IMAGINED PEOPLE WOULD GET TATTOOS OF MY BOOKS
Posted by Ognian Georgiev
Tim Dorsey and his legendary Serge Storms series continue with book #19 Coconut Cowboy. The novel will be released on January 26. Already the top reviewers casted their critical opinion with the following sentences: “Entertainingly picaresque. … Dorsey deftly brings all his players to life.” (Publishers Weekly) and “Heartily recommended for readers who like their mayhem served up with belly laughs.”(Booklist).
It’s a great pleasure to welcome at Land of books Tim Dorsey for our nest Q&A.
– Tim, what is your next book Coconut Cowboy about?
– My obsessive and insane main character decides to ride a motorcycle down through Florida as the sequel to Easy Rider.
– How did you decide to write the story of Serge Storms?
– It was an accident. He was just going to be a villain, but then I made him crazier and crazier, and when I had him start ranting about all things Florida, I knew I had my main guy.
– What was the biggest challenge during the write up process?
– The outline. Coming up with the overall mystery story arc.
– Tell us something more about your main characters Serge and Coleman? Are they close to someone from your real life?
– Serge’s non-violent quirky side is me, and Coleman is a composite of friends I’ve know over the years.
– How much time did you need to finish the story and to publish it?
– I’ve been doing a book a year for 18 years now.
– When you started the series did you expect that you will reach 19 novels and counting?
– Not remotely. I didn’t even think I’d get the first one published. I wrote it for fun and so i wouldn’t look back and regret never having tried – and then, what do you know?
– Who are you?
– Very young at heart and enthusiastic about the little fun things in life. Also a bit intense when I focus on something.
– What are your writing habits?
– Get a good night’s rest and then hit the computer as soon as I get up and go until dinner.
– Are you satisfied by the interest and pre-sales of your book?
– I’m thrilled at all than anyone is reading the books. I’m still pinching myself.
– What are you doing to promote your book by the best possible way?
– I average more than a hundred book events a year. It’s worked out so far.
– When we will see your next novel and would you unveil something more about it?
– Another year from now. All I can say currently is it involves gambling in Florida.
– What is the article or story written by you as a reporter that you will always remember?
– Covering a midnight execution in Alabama back when they still had the electric chair.
– Why you decided to call it a day with journalistic and to concentrate just on writing novels?
– That was my dream all along: to write for newspapers until I built up the ability to take a crack at books.
– If you may ask yourself one question in the interview what it will be?
– Did you ever expect people would get tattoos of your books? Never even imagined it.
To learn more about Tim Dorsey check out his Website
Take a look at his books:
Shark Skin Suite
About Ognian GeorgievOgnian Georgiev is a sport journalist, who is working as an editor at the "Bulgaria Today" daily newspaper. He covered the Summer Olympics in Beijing 2008 and in London 2012. The author specializes in sports politics, investigations and coverage of Olympic sports events. Ognian Georgiev works as a TV broadcaster for Eurosport Bulgaria, Nova Broadcasting group, TV+, F+ and TV7. He is a commentator for fight sports events such as boxing/kickboxing and MMA. In May 2014 Ognian Georgiev released the English version of his book The White Prisoner: Galabin Boevski's secret story.
Posted on December 14, 2015, in Author, Books, Interview and tagged Coconut Cowboy, Serge Storms, Tim Dorsey. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment