TIJAN: THE INSPIRATION OF KIAN HIT ME WHEN I WAS WATCHING A SHOW
Posted by Ognian Georgiev
The mysterious romance writer Tijan released his latest novel Kian on October 17. Once again the feedback by the readers is splendid. So far the novel carries an average of 4.6 Amazon stars from 170 reviews.
Land of Books is following the career of our next guest. You may read his first interview for the blog here. Now here is something more from Tijan about his new book and his future plans.
– Tijan, welcome back to Land of Books. What the readers will find in your fresh release Kian?
– I’m hoping they’ll find a new and unique book that they’ll love! Kian‘s book is different than I’ve written before. The inspiration hit me when I was watching a show where the girl had a stalker. I didn’t want to go that route, but the guy was super sexy and that appealed to me. 🙂 Honestly, I tried writing Fallen Crest University instead of Kian, but the FC characters weren’t speaking to me so I decided not to fight it and I just went with Kian‘s book. I absolutely loved writing it.
– How came the inspiration about the story about a rich and adored guy who went to prison?
– Kian’s character was inspired from a show I was watching, like I said above, but I knew that I wanted the entire case to be a national event. That spurred the rich and adored guy storyline because otherwise, most times cases like that wouldn’t become a media sensation if one or both of the people involved weren’t good-looking or wealthy. The book doesn’t really focus on when he actually went to prison, but the aftermath of what happens when he gets out of prison.
– Your characters always have very unique names. Where did you find the name of Kian?
– To be honest, I don’t even remember. I think I might’ve done a post on Facebook, asking for names, and that one really stuck out to me. I believe there’s a few other variations of Kian in other books too, but I still wanted to use it. I really loved the name.
– I know you don’t like to unveil your future plans, but I am sure your fans would like to know when to expect your next novel? Give us some hints about the approximate release date and the story?
– Yep! I’ve got two more books coming out in the next few months. Logan’s book and also Davina Comes. Logan is from the Fallen Crest Series. It’s a different look at him so I’m not sure if readers will love it or hate it. I’m hoping they’ll love it as much as I do. Davina Comes is the final book in the Davy Harwood series, and that’s a paranormal series. It’s not as popular as the other series, but it’s dear to me. I really loved writing Davy and all those characters, so I’ve missed them. I’m antsy to get back to that world!
– Do you tempt to try yourself in some other genre or you will be firm in contemporary romance?
– Oh no. I’ve written a few other genres, but I like to stick to romance in general. 🙂 I’ve got a couple paranormal books out and hoping to finish another one of my earlier works that’s also paranormal. That one is called Evil.
– Are you receiving questions by your fans about the mysterious person behind the pen name Tijan?
– I get asked questions every now and then. How to pronounce it, where it came from, etc. I’ve been to signings and people have met me, so I don’t think I’m that mysterious. Lol! My penname came because I used to write and publish stories for free on another website. It was the popular thing to do then. People would pick one name that had the same first letter to their real name, so I picked Tijan. I just thought it sounded pretty. I did try to publish under a more professional name later on, but my readers didn’t follow me so I went back and published under Tijan. It’s seems to have stuck!
To learn more about Tijan take a look at his Web page
Take a look at his books:
Mason (Fallen Crest Series Book 0)
Fallen Crest High: Fallen Crest Series, Book 1
A Whole New Crowd
JADED (Jaded Series Book 1)
About Ognian GeorgievOgnian Georgiev is a sport journalist, who is working as an editor at the "Bulgaria Today" daily newspaper. He covered the Summer Olympics in Beijing 2008 and in London 2012. The author specializes in sports politics, investigations and coverage of Olympic sports events. Ognian Georgiev works as a TV broadcaster for Eurosport Bulgaria, Nova Broadcasting group, TV+, F+ and TV7. He is a commentator for fight sports events such as boxing/kickboxing and MMA. In May 2014 Ognian Georgiev released the English version of his book The White Prisoner: Galabin Boevski's secret story.
Posted on October 28, 2015, in Author, BESTSELLER, Books, Interview and tagged author, book, interview, Kian, new, Tijan. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment