CLAIRE CONTRERAS: I AM A DREAMER
Posted by Ognian Georgiev
Claire Contreras’s next big hit Kaleidoscope Hearts entered into the premium charts of Amazon rankings. The novel was part of the Top 10 classification for the last few days. Something more, the readers gave superb valuation of the story with av. 4.7 stars from 160+ Amazon reviews.
Claire Contreras is living in Miami, Florida with her family. She is already established as one of the best writers in mystery romance genre.
– Claire, your last release Kaleidoscope Hearts entered in Amazon Top 10 with thunders. What the readers may expect from the book?
– They can expect a heartwarming love story.
– How did you decide to write the story?
– I’ve had this story in my head for a long time now. I wanted to write a story about a girl in love with her brother’s best friend. Once I started, it became more than that.
– What was the biggest challenge during the write up process?
– For this story in particular, I was going through chemotherapy and felt terrible most days as I wrote, but it’s a story that made me smile, so I couldn’t stop writing it.
– Tell us something more about your main character Estelle? Is she close to someone from your real life?
– Estelle is a fictional character. I think she has a little bit of me, as most of my characters tend to, but she’s not inspired by anybody I know.
– How much time did you need to finish the story and to publish it?
– About 4 months.
– Did you expect such a great reception (av. 4.8 stars in Amazon) from the reading community?
– I honestly didn’t know what to expect. My more known work is romantic suspense, so I was a little scared as to how this one would be received. I was definitely pleasantly surprised.
– The Darkness Series are your most recognized work. When the readers may expect the next adventures of Blake and how the story will develop?
– The Darkness Series is finished and I don’t plan on going back to it, unless I write a book for a supporting character.
– Would you introduce to the readers your other books – Contracts&Deceptions Series and Catch Me?
– My Contracts and Deceptions Series is erotic suspense and Catch Me is contemporary romance. Catch Me takes place in the music business, and the erotic suspense is about a girl forced into a contract she doesn’t desire to be involved in.
– Here is quote of a reader’s comment: “I feel like Claire Contreras is an author who doesn’t receive the attention that she should”. What do you think about it?
– Haha! I’ve heard that before and it always makes me smile. I’m glad people feel that way. When it comes to my writing career, I’m patient and think someday I’ll get more attention. For now I’m just glad I get to do something I love and have people read my work.
– Who are you?
– I’m a mother, a wife, a friend, a dreamer.
– What are your writing habits?
– Early in the process I write in journals. I have one for each of my stories. When I get to the point that I “need to write the story” I start typing. Usually I go to coffee shops if I can and plug my earphones in and just write.
– What are you doing to promote your book by the best possible way?
– I gave a lot of copies away to readers and hoped for the best. I think that was what helped me the most.
– When we will see your next novel?
– Hopefully in the spring or summer.
– If you may ask yourself one question in the interview what it will be? (Don’t forget to answer)
– What’s the best thing about publishing your books? Reaching people I normally would have never had read my work. I get messages from people in the Philippines and the UK and it floors me every time. I love that.
Learn more about Claire Contreras at her Web page
Take a look at her books:
The Darkness Series
About Ognian GeorgievOgnian Georgiev is a sport journalist, who is working as an editor at the "Bulgaria Today" daily newspaper. He covered the Summer Olympics in Beijing 2008 and in London 2012. The author specializes in sports politics, investigations and coverage of Olympic sports events. Ognian Georgiev works as a TV broadcaster for Eurosport Bulgaria, Nova Broadcasting group, TV+, F+ and TV7. He is a commentator for fight sports events such as boxing/kickboxing and MMA. In May 2014 Ognian Georgiev released the English version of his book The White Prisoner: Galabin Boevski's secret story.
Posted on January 27, 2015, in Author, Books, Interview and tagged author, Catch Me, Claire Contreras, Contracts&Deceptions, interview, Kaleidoscope Hearts, The Darkness Series. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment