CINDY KIRK: CHRISTMAS IN GOOD HOPE IS A BOOK ABOUT LOVE AND SECOND CHANCES
Posted by Ognian Georgiev
Cindy Kirk’s new novel Christmas in Good Hope will be officially released on December 1. As part of Kindle first program the book is already available for download to Amazon Prime members. The contemporary romance was received very well by the readers with average 4.5 Amazon stars from almost 100 reviews. The novel is standing solidly in Kindle Amazon Top 10 rank for the last two weeks.
Our next guest is an award-winning author. Let’s meet her in the following Land of Books interview.
– Cindy, what is your book Christmas in Good Hope about?
– It’s a book about love and second chances in the context of family and community.
Ami and Beck would rather forget the past, but this Christmas of love is one to remember.
Amaryllis “Ami” Bloom’s cheerful smile greets everyone in Good Hope, Wisconsin. But her merry facade hides a dark secret she won’t ever forget. Still, she throws herself into celebrating Christmas—and convinces her handsome, and stubborn, new neighbor to join her.
Beckett Cross, however, is determined not to celebrate the holidays. He moved to Good Hope to leave behind reminders of how he’d had it all…and lost everything. But it’s hard to resist adorable Ami, the designated keeper of the small town’s holiday traditions, when she asks for help with the Twelve Nights celebrations. And Ami has a hard time resisting Beck’s soft Southern drawl and gentle eyes. Will a Christmas miracle give them a second chance at love and the hope to heal both of their hearts for good?
– How did you decide to write the story?
– I first decided on the location, which ended up being Door County, Wisconsin (known for its quaint townships). I wanted to develop a series where holidays are celebrated and neighbors helping neighbors are a way of life. Ami and Beck’s story grew from there.
– What was the biggest challenge during the write up process?
– For me the ending is always the hardest part, because I think it’s the most important. I never quite know how everything will all come together until I’m almost there!
– Tell us something more about your main characters Ami and Becket? Are they close to someone from your real life?
– They aren’t, other than my father-in-law, like Ami’s mother, was diagnosed with leukemia at a young age and was expected to die, but lived for several more years.
– How much time did you need to finish the story and to publish it?
– I wrote the book in four months. The edits probably added another month to the process.
– What the readers will find in the books of your The Fortunes of Texas series?
– I wrote several books in The Fortunes of Texas series, but the Harlequin series where I’ve written the most books is my RX for Love series set in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. I’m just finishing up my fourteenth book in that series!
– Who are you?
– I am a person who is passionate about writing. From the time I was a child, I made up stories. If I didn’t like the end to a movie or television show, I made up a different ending!
– What are your writing habits?
– I write every day but I try to also have a life outside of writing.
– Are you satisfied by the sales of your books?
– I’ve been pleased with the sales of Christmas in Good Hope.
– What are you doing to promote your book by the best possible way?
– Amazon Publishing (Montlake Romance) has done a lot to get my book in front of readers. I do Facebook posts, tweet and do some blogs. I’m also busy writing what will be the third book in the series.
– When we will see your next novel and would you unveil something more about it?
– The second book in the series is Summer in Good Hope, which will be out in June 2016. That book is Ami’s sister Primrose’s story.
– Share your Top 3 ingredients for a good romance novel?
– Emotional story where the hero and heroine change and grow during the course of the book. Characters that the readers can identify with and cheer for. The requisite happily-ever-after ending!
– If you may ask yourself one question in the interview what it will be?
– Why should readers pick up your book? Because it will get them into the holiday spirit and leave them with a smile on their face!
Learn more about Cindy Kirk at her Website
Take a look at her books
Christmas in Good Hope
Love at Mistletoe Inn
Fortune’s Little Heartbreaker
One Night Stand
About Ognian GeorgievOgnian Georgiev is a sport journalist, who is working as an editor at the "Bulgaria Today" daily newspaper. He covered the Summer Olympics in Beijing 2008 and in London 2012. The author specializes in sports politics, investigations and coverage of Olympic sports events. Ognian Georgiev works as a TV broadcaster for Eurosport Bulgaria, Nova Broadcasting group, TV+, F+ and TV7. He is a commentator for fight sports events such as boxing/kickboxing and MMA. In May 2014 Ognian Georgiev released the English version of his book The White Prisoner: Galabin Boevski's secret story.
Posted on November 14, 2015, in Author, Books, Interview and tagged author, Christmas in Good Hope, Cindy Kirk, new. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.
Is it possible to find the recipe for the meatloaf with cream corn recipe from Tie The Knot???
Pingback: AMAZON TOP 10 BESTSELLERS: NOVEMBER 2015 | Land Of Books