SIENNA VALENTINE: KELLAN IS A MAN WHO MADE A LOT OF BAD DECISIONS
Posted by Ognian Georgiev
Sienna Valentine has her best moment as an author in the recent days. Kellan , the latest novel of the talented romance writer, entered into Amazon Top 20. Even more, the readers loved the plot and valuated the book with respecting average 4.7 Amazon stars from 70 plus reviews.
Dear friends, it’s time to introduce to you lady Sienna Valentine.
– Sienna, what is your book Kellan about?
– Kellan is about a man who has had a hard life, made a lot of bad decisions and then joined the military to try to get straightened up. But when that was done, he realized that it only made him more dangerous than before, and put him even more on the fringe. It isn’t until he meets Parker that he re-discovers his own self-worth and that he can be loved (and return that love).
– How did you decide to write the story?
– After I wrote Slade, I realized that I wanted to tell Kellan’s story as well. He was a fairly central part of that first book, but I didn’t get to delve that deep into him. This book allowed me to dig deeper and tell a story that I had hoped would connect with a lot of readers.
– What was the biggest challenge during the write up process?
– I had to do a lot of research in regards to the Vet stuff. I wanted to make sure I got that right, since it’s such an important issue.
– Tell us something more about your main character Kellan? Is he close to someone from your real life?
– No one in particular. I think we authors like to draw certain traits from certain people, find things that are interesting in someone and then unearth the core of it.
– How much time did you need to finish the story and to publish it?
– Kellan took about 3 weeks, give or take.
– What the readers will find in yours Black Dogs MC series?
– The Black Dogs are a motorcycle club. Those books are full of a lot more action and some violence, along with the steamy romance that people expect. It was more to my roots, as Desperados was my first full novel and that was MC as well. The Black Dogs currently have 2 books in the series (both stand-alone), but I’m working on the final installment now.
– Who are you?
– I’m just a happy-go-lucky Canuck that loves to write!
– What are your writing habits?
– I tend to plan things in advance, to the level of a chapter by chapter outline of each book. Not hugely detailed, just a paragraph or two, but it helps me focus on the story. Especially because I often have more than 1 project on the go. Keeping an outline keeps me from messing up between stories. 🙂
– Are you satisfied by the sales of your books?
– I couldn’t be happier with the sales of Kellan. I’ve never been in the top 20 before, and I have to say, it may have spoiled me. Now if I don’t get this high again I might end up very disappointed! Honestly though, I’ve been really happy with the sales of all my books. I have a lot of dedicated fans and people that help me by providing feedback, editing and reviewing my finished work. I couldn’t do it without them all.
– What are you doing to promote your book by the best possible way?
– I do a few ads in newsletter services or through Facebook, but I’m honestly trying to improve my social media presence. It’s something I’ve ignored for too long, as I’ve always felt I was too busy writing. But I think it’s really neat to be able to connect to my readers this way, and the more time I spend doing it, the more I enjoy it.
– When we will see your next novel and would you unveil something more about it?
– I’m always in the middle of at least a couple of novels, and I don’t always like to reveal to much about my next projects as I sometimes shift focus if one of the other ones move faster. But I will say that I am working on the followup to Retribution (Black Dogs MC), and that the next book follows the character of Ghost.
– You are writing about MMA fighters, are you a fan of them and how you got inspired for the first time by the fight sport?
– I have to admit, I’m a fan of the UFC. What’s not to like about a bunch of musclebound alpha males rolling around all sweaty and groping each other? Do you really need to ask any more about inspiration??
– You are like a publishing machine with sometimes two novels per month. How you are able to organize yourself to have such a high rate of releasing new books?
– Ha ha. It just seems like that, I think, because I’m always in the middle of more than 1 project and sometimes two of them finish close together even though they may have started weeks or months apart. I think I only published 2 new novels in a month once. The thing is, I really like to write, and I do it all the time. Sometimes it takes me a month or more to write a book, sometimes only 2-3 weeks. But once I finish them, I have trouble just sitting on them. I just want to publish right away, and that means, depending on timing, things come out closer together. But if you look at it, I actually didn’t publish anything new in October – it was just the Black Dogs bundle. Kellan went to Amazon on Oct 31st, which is why it has that date on it, but it didn’t go live in the store until Nov 1. So I think my speed is more of just an illusion. 🙂 I aim for, on average, a new book every month.
– If you may ask yourself one question in the interview what it will be?
– When you started doing this, did you ever think you’d make it to the top 20 Amazon ebooks? NOT IN A MILLION YEARS!! 🙂