CARINA WILDER: I LET OUT A YELP WHEN I SAW MY NAME IN NY TIMES BESTSELLING LIST
Posted by Ognian Georgiev
Carina Wilder’s last two books Alpha’s Hunt and Illusions was published in August and September. The NY Times and USA Today bestselling author continues to open new doors for amazing romance adventures for the readers. We are very happy to welcome at Land of Books our next guest, who unveils part of her mystery aura as an author during the following chat.
– Carina, what is your last book Alpha’s Hunt about?
– Alpha’s Hunt is about a man (who happens to be a wolf shifter) who’s redeeming himself for his past mistakes and is sent on assignment to find a missing young woman who doesn’t really want to be found.
– How did you decide to write the story?
– It’s the fifth in a series of books and the fourth leads into this plotline. I delayed writing it for some time as I was working on other projects, but my readers kept asking for this installment and I wanted them to have it, so finally I sat down and wrote.
– What was the biggest challenge during the write up process?
– The biggest challenge always tends to be finding time and energy. I have another job, so it can be hard to find hours a day to write. But I love both of my jobs, so I have no complaints. The plot came easily because I already knew the basic outline long before drafting the rough copy.
– Tell us something more about your main character? Is it close to someone from your real life?
– The main character is purely fictional, but probably filled with traits from myself and many others. He’s impatient with himself, grumpy with other people and doesn’t really settle into a notion of what happiness is until he finds the right person to love.
– How much time did you need to finish the story and to publish it?
– It took about a month to draft it and edit.
– Dragon Wars was accepted very well. Give us some insight about the novel?
– Dragon Wars is the fifth in a serial called “Seeking Her Mates.” The five-part storyline involves a woman called Lilliana who’s destined for a life with two men, but also destined to try and prevent a war from raging between rival clans.
– Who are you?
– I’m a lover of reading, of fantasy and of romance and so I write fantasy-romance. I began writing as a child and have never stopped. I have a degree in French Language and Literature and love to travel, and both of those things inform my stories.
– What are your writing habits?
– I try to write or edit every single day, except on forced holidays. Usually I get up, drink coffee and relax as my brain starts up, then write for a few hours. I find that I do best in the mornings; nights are a write-off. My other job is quite flexible, so I usually get the luxury of some time every morning.
– Are you satisfied by the sales of your books?
– Satisfied? Yes. I have a strong reader base and earn a better living than I’d imagined when I started. But I am in the process of moving my books out of Kindle Unlimited to sell through other vendors as well, and working on getting paperback copies out at last.
– What are you doing to promote your book by the best possible way?
– My newsletter is the best way to promote, as that’s an established fan base. Other than that, I recommend networking with other authors, using sites that promote books and being social with readers.
– When we will see your next novel and would you unveil something more about it?
– In September, Illusions came out. It involves a man traveling through time to the era of the Salem Witch Hunts—but I can’t tell you more than that! In October I have a novella coming out in an anthology—it’s about a legendary British character called Herne the Hunter. In November, I have a novel called Phoenix Reborn coming, which is a part of the multi-author Woodland Creek series. And in December, a story in a Christmas anthology. Somewhere in there I will also publish another novel if I have time.
– What was your first reaction when you saw the name of Carina Wilder under NY Times Bestselling list?
– I stood up, shook a lot and let out a yelp.
– How did you select romance genre for your literature passion?
– I wanted to tackle a genre that had a potentially large audience and that would challenge me.
– If you may ask yourself one question in the interview what it will be?
– What would you tell authors starting out? Research, research, research. Read other books in the genre. Look at their covers and blurbs. Understand the market and reader habits. Decide if you’re writing for yourself or to make a living, because although the two can go hand in hand, they don’t always.
To learn more about Carina Wilder check out her Website
Take a look at her books
Illusions: Paranormal Shapeshifter Romance (The Seekers Book 1)
Winning The Alpha (BBW Paranormal Romance) (Wolf Rock Shifters Series Book 1)
Alpha’s Hunt: A BBW Paranormal Romance (Wolf Rock Shifters Series Book 5)
Dragon Wars: A BBW Shifter Romance (Seeking Her Mates Book 5)
Sought by the Alphas Complete Boxed Set: A Paranormal Romance Serial
About Ognian GeorgievOgnian Georgiev is a sport journalist, who is working as an editor at the "Bulgaria Today" daily newspaper. He covered the Summer Olympics in Beijing 2008 and in London 2012. The author specializes in sports politics, investigations and coverage of Olympic sports events. Ognian Georgiev works as a TV broadcaster for Eurosport Bulgaria, Nova Broadcasting group, TV+, F+ and TV7. He is a commentator for fight sports events such as boxing/kickboxing and MMA. In May 2014 Ognian Georgiev released the English version of his book The White Prisoner: Galabin Boevski's secret story.
Posted on September 18, 2015, in Author, BESTSELLER, Books, Interview and tagged Alpha's Hunt, author, book, Carina Wilder, interview, Wolf Rock Shifters. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment