JOANNA BLAKE: PLAYER IS A STORY ABOUT NEVER GIVING UP
Posted by Ognian Georgiev
Joanna Blake’s Player was published on June 30 and right away entered in Kindle Bestselling list Top 40. The novel gathered average 4,2 stars from 65 plus reviews. “What a great read”, “Hot alpha!!!” and “It sucked me right in,” are some of the opinions from readers.
We are happy to present our next guest lady Joanna Blake, who already established as a classy romance writer.
– Joanna, What is your book Player about?
– It’s a love story but more than that it’s a story about never giving up. The two characters see themselves as damaged- particularly Nadine. But they find redemption through their love for each other. Also, they are both tough as nails, but soft when it comes down to it!
– How did you decide to write the story?
– I don’t spend a lot of time thinking about what to write. I have a bunch of ideas at any one time, and it’s usually obvious which one is going to win the battle!
– What was the biggest challenge during the write up process?
– I don’t know that much about sports!
– Tell us something more about your main characters? Are they 100% fiction or they are close to someone from your real life?
– I was in love with a football player when I was young. He was a really great guy. We never even kissed though! I was pretty innocent.
– How much time you need to finish the story and to publish it?
– That varies wildly! I was writing A Bad Boy For Summer and PLAYER while I was finishing up BRO’. There was a lot of back and forth, so I’m not entirely sure! Some stories flow quite quickly for me!
– Would you tell us more about your novels Wanted By The Devil and Bro’?
– Wanted By The Devil is the first book I ever wrote! It has a special place in my heart. The Hero, Devlin, is very sweet and sexy, though not when it comes to his enemies. BRO’ was supposed to be a fun romp, but I ended up getting very invested in the characters as the book went on. Clay was the kind of guy I really don’t like in real life, but I scratched the surface and found a beating heart- just like everyone else has!
– Who are you (Would you describe yourself with few sentences)?
– I’m pretty shy and I like being alone. But I also like cuddling! I’m a vegan as well. You will notice many of my characters do not eat meat. I’d say I’m an introvert, even though I used to be a dancer and hardly ever felt shy- once the music started! Before that- forget it!
– What are your writing habits?
– I write in my kitchen. My laptop is always out, and always open. That way when inspiration strikes- I don’t have to dig for it!
– Are you satisfied by the sales of your books?
– I am always thrilled that people enjoy my work! That’s the most important thing for me.
– Do you have plans for your next novel and would you unveil something more about it?
– I do! I am currently writing the second book in the Delancey Brothers Trilogy and a super secret new book that might get finished first! The idea just grabbed me and it won’t let go! Still, I love my cowboys! I need to get back to those Delancey boys!
– What are you doing to promote by the best possible way your book?
– I think a lot of it is keeping in touch with readers. I try to respond to every request personally. And I have two wonderful PR teams I work with: Breathless Book Promotions and Just One More Page! I’ve also been very lucky to work with Kruse Photography, Rebel Edit & Deisgn and two stellar models for the past few books- Lance Jones and Craig Gierish! They all helped to spread the word!
– Did you remember the exact moment when you decide to start writing?
– I’ve always been a writer, really. Recently I dug up a historical romance novel I started in high school! It wasn’t half bad 😉
– Ask yourself a question (And don’t forget to answer!)
– What is your proudest moment? When I get positive feedback from a reader- a few have thanked me for inspiring them in surprising ways!