STUART WOODS: I SHARE A FEW THINGS WITH STONE BARRINGTON
Posted by Ognian Georgiev
The 34th book of Stone Barrington series Naked Greed will be released on July 14 2015. The NY Times bestselling author Stuart Woods continues the adventures of the former detective, who turned lawyer. Land of Books is honored to present our fun chat with the legendary writer.
– Mr. Woods, what the readers will see in your new book Naked Greed?
– IÒm not going to tell them; they’ll have to read the book to find out.
– How did you decide to write the story of Stone Barrington series?
– I didn’t. I resisted my publisher’s suggestion to write a single-character series, but then, few books after New York Dead, I had an idea that required a character much like Stone, so I plugged him into the novel, and thus, a series was born.
– Tell us something more about your main character Stone Barrington? Is he 100% fiction or it’s close to someone from your real life?
– He’s mostly fiction. He and I share a few things: we had the same tailor, but he died; we both hung out at Elaine’s, but she died. I’m not going to tell you what the other things are.
– How much time you need to finish a book and to publish it?
– It takes me about two months to write a novel. The publisher likes to have nine months after that before publishing.
– What is the origin of your inspiration to write Holly Barker’s series?
– I thought I’d try a novel with a female protagonist. It just grew from there.
– Who are you (Would you describe yourself with few sentences)?
– A working writer with a good life.
– What are your writing habits?
– I go to work at 11 AM each morning, seven days a week, except when I’m in New York; I don’t write there. I write a chapter at a sitting, then review it the following day and make small changes. When I get about fifty chapters into the book, I start looking for a way out of the corner I’ve painted myself into; so far, I’ve always found a way out.
– Are you satisfied by the sales of the books?
– Certainly not! I’d rather sell ten times as many.
– Would you unveil something about your next novel after Naked Greed – Foreign Affairs?
– Nope, for the reason already given.
– How you promote by the best possible way your book?
– I do two book tours a year; everything else is done by the publisher.
– What is the secret to keep Stone Barrington so fresh after 30 plus books about him?
– I’m afraid I don’t know; I’m too close to the subject. I just write the best book I can.
– Do you remember what where your expectations for your writing career after you first started as an author?
– Just about what my life has come to be, except for the part about selling ten times as many books.
– How your life changed after you became NY Times bestselling author?
– I began to make my mortgage payments on time.
– Ask yourself a question?
– Are you the person you always wanted to be? Pretty much.
To learn more about Stuart Woods check out his Web page
Take a look at his books
New York Dead (1991)
Dead in the Water (1997)
Swimming to Catalina (1998)
Worst Fears Realized (1999)
L.A. Dead (2000)
Cold Paradise (2001)
The Short Forever (2002) (First appearance of CIA agent Lance Cabot)
Dirty Work (2003) (Herbie Fisher makes a cameo)
Reckless Abandon (2004) (Also stars Holly Barker and Ed Eagle) (Continuation of a storyline in Blood Orchid)
Two Dollar Bill (2005)
Dark Harbor (2006) (Also stars Holly Barker)
Fresh Disasters (2007)
Shoot Him If He Runs (2007) (Also stars Holly Barker) (Teddy Fay Appearance #3)
Hot Mahogany (2008) (Also stars Holly Barker)
Loitering With Intent (2009) (Chuck Chandler from Choke makes a cameo)
Lucid Intervals (2010) (First appearance of Strategic Services and Mike Freeman)
Strategic Moves (2011) (Also stars Holly Barker, cameo appearances by Todd Bacon and Lance Cabot)
Bel-Air Dead (2011) (Cameos by Ed Eagle, Barbara Eagle and Rick Barron)
Son of Stone (2011)
D.C. Dead (2011) (Also stars Holly Barker and Will Lee) (Teddy Fay Appearance #7)
Unnatural Acts (2012) (Also stars Herbie Fisher)
Severe Clear (2012) (Also stars Holly Barker and Will Lee)
Collateral Damage (2013) (Also stars Holly Barker and Will Lee)
Unintended Consequences (2013)
Doing Hard Time (2013) (Teddy Fay Appearance #8)
Standup Guy (2014)
Carnal Curiosity (2014)
Cut and Thrust (2014)
Paris Match (2014)
Insatiable Appetites (2015)
Hot Pursuit (2015)
Naked Greed (July 14, 2015)
Foreign Affairs (October 27, 2015)
Amorous Entanglements (January 5, 2016)
Holly Barker novels
Orchid Beach – set in the fictional town of Orchid Beach, FL (1998)
Orchid Blues (2001) (Stone Barrington makes a cameo)
Blood Orchid (2002)
Iron Orchid (2005) (Teddy Fay Appearance #2)
Hothouse Orchid (2009) (Teddy Fay Appearance #5)
Ed Eagle novels
Santa Fe Rules – set in Santa Fe, New Mexico (1992)
Short Straw (2006) (Rick Barron makes a cameo appearance)
Santa Fe Dead (2008)
Santa Fe Edge (2010) (Teddy Fay Appearance #6, Holly Barker makes a cameo and Agent Todd Bacon from Mounting Fears returns)
Rick Barron novels
The Prince of Beverly Hills (2004)
Beverly Hills Dead (2008) (Stone Barrington makes a cameo)
Under the Lake (1987)
White Cargo (1988)
Palindrome – set in Cumberland Island, GA (1991)
L.A. Times – set in Los Angeles, California (1993)
Dead Eyes – set in Los Angeles, California (1994)
Heat – set in a fictional town in Idaho (1994)
Imperfect Strangers (1995) (Grand Prix de Litte’rature Policie`re)
Blue Water, Green Skipper: A Memoir of Sailing Alone Across the Atlantic (1977, reissue August 2, 2012)
A Romantic’s Guide to the Country Inns of Britain and Ireland (1979)
About Ognian GeorgievOgnian Georgiev is a sport journalist, who is working as an editor at the "Bulgaria Today" daily newspaper. He covered the Summer Olympics in Beijing 2008 and in London 2012. The author specializes in sports politics, investigations and coverage of Olympic sports events. Ognian Georgiev works as a TV broadcaster for Eurosport Bulgaria, Nova Broadcasting group, TV+, F+ and TV7. He is a commentator for fight sports events such as boxing/kickboxing and MMA. In May 2014 Ognian Georgiev released the English version of his book The White Prisoner: Galabin Boevski's secret story.
Posted on May 19, 2015, in Author, BESTSELLER, Books, Interview and tagged books, Foreign Affairs, Naked Greed, STONE BARRINGTON, Stuart Woods. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment