DONNA AUGUSTINE: PASSION IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING
Posted by Ognian Georgiev
The second part of Karma series Jinxed was published on November 10 by the master of dark fantasy Donna Augustine. The novel followed the success of the opening book Karma. Our next guest is another pro writer, who shared some of her time to pass by our blog.
– What is your latest book Jinxed (Karma series, book two) about?
– Jinxed continues the story that Karma (Book One) set the stage for. Camilla (Karma) is just starting to get the hang of how things in the Universe work when she’s thrown another curve ball. Someone has been stalking her for centuries and forces her to help him stop certain things that were supposed to happen. He does this by threatening those around her. It’s both a psychically, and emotionally, demanding time in her life. You get more character depth in this installment and it really clarifies some of the relationships.
– How did you decide to write the story?
– I’m not sure how much of a decision it really was. Most of the things I write, started off as a little scene that grows and starts demanding attention.
– What was the biggest challenge during the write up process?
– Probably my obsessive need for each new book to be better than the last.
– Tell us something more about your main character? Is she close to someone from your real life?
– She is tough, tenacious and very sarcastic. She’s not modeled after any one individual but I would say she borrows traits from different people I’ve encountered over the years.
– How much time did you need to finish the story and to publish it?
– This series has been brewing in my brain since before I finished Shattered, so about a year? I’ve got a horrible sense of time so it’s hard for me to pin down dates of when an idea started to form.
– Give us some insight about your very popular The Alchemy Series?
– The idea stemmed from the theory of multiverses and what would happen if beings from one universe could travel to ours. It grew from there. Once I imagined this really hot guy running a casino, and controlling the passage back and forth, the story sort of just took off on its own.
– What the readers would find in Obsidian Souls, part I of Souls series?
– A very rough first book!
– Who are you?
– I’m a very normal but quirky woman with an over-active imagination who is constantly struggling with the bargains that have to be made in life. I love science, psychology, sociology and learning new things. I very rarely hear a question that I don’t research the answer to.
– What are your writing habits?
– For the most part, I write every single day. Occasionally, I will sometimes take off on a holiday or an occasional Sunday but I always feel guilty afterwards.
– Are you satisfied by the sales of the book?
– I am pretty pleased. I was #1 on the dark fantasy list for quite some time. But, I’m always striving for better, a better book, better sales, a better me.
– What are you doing to promote your book by the best possible way?
– I might be one of the worst marketers around. I’m surprised I sell any books. I do very little marketing and I’m pretty downright horrible at it but I’m trying to learn.
– When we will see your next novel?
– Fated is currently scheduled for late February and will pick up where Jinxed left off.
– Do you have some other job outside writing?
– I’m fortunate enough to be able to write full-time.
– If you may ask yourself one question in the interview what it will be? (Don’t forget to answer)
– What do you think the most important thing is in order to succeed? Passion. If you aren’t passionate about something in life, then you’ll never be satisfied, successful or happy doing it.
About Ognian GeorgievOgnian Georgiev is a sport journalist, who is working as an editor at the "Bulgaria Today" daily newspaper. He covered the Summer Olympics in Beijing 2008 and in London 2012. The author specializes in sports politics, investigations and coverage of Olympic sports events. Ognian Georgiev works as a TV broadcaster for Eurosport Bulgaria, Nova Broadcasting group, TV+, F+ and TV7. He is a commentator for fight sports events such as boxing/kickboxing and MMA. In May 2014 Ognian Georgiev released the English version of his book The White Prisoner: Galabin Boevski's secret story.
Posted on December 16, 2014, in Author, Books, Interview and tagged author, books, dark fantasy, DONNA AUGUSTINE, interview, Jinxed, Karma, Obsidian Souls, The Alchemy. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.