SAMANTHA LAFANTASIE: I FIND INSPIRATION IN DREAMS
Posted by Ognian Georgiev
Our next guest is USA Today bestselling author Samantha LaFantasie. She is writing fantasy novels. The last one Echoes of Memories was published at the end of July. It’s time for our next portion of Q&A.
– What is your book Echoes of Memories about?
– Echoes of Memories picks up right where Made to Forget left off with Elsa struggling to piece together the mystery surrounding her missing memories and the events that lead up to her forgetting in the first place.
– How did you decide to write the story?
– I did a little planning ahead when I sat down to write the first book, Made to Forget. I didn’t exactly outline it, but I did write down a few things that were important to the plot of the book itself as well as the over arching plot of all three books.
– What was the biggest challenge during the write up process?
– Making sure I didn’t change anything like character voice/appearance and didn’t add something to the this one that wasn’t in Made to Forget without explaining it or having it be a “new” event.
– Tell us something more about your main character? Is it close to someone from your real life?
– Elsa is not a reflection of anyone I know. She has some qualities that I value in a heroin and some that I think would be a natural quality for her.
– How much time did you need to finish the story and to publish it?
– From first draft to publishing it was just about 1 year.
– Give us some insight of your first book Heart Song?
– Heart Song is a paranormal fantasy romance that centers on Relena and her being prophesied to share a heart song with Marren, a werewolf ancient. Relena is jaded, broken, and guarded which makes it hard for Marren to woo her. But she slowly learns they are more alike than she realized and even despite his being too good to be true or hating him at one point, he deserves love too. When she learns that she had been apart of a prophecy to help Marren rejoin the two realms (immortal and mortal), she has to come up with a way to prove that not only is she Marren’s heart song, but she’s worthy of him and can help fulfill that prophecy.
– Who are you?
– I’m a USA Today bestselling author, freelance editor, mom, and wife residing in south-central Kansas.
– What are your writing habits?
– They change constantly. I write when time allows. With my busy schedule, there isn’t much of that time, but every minute counts!
– Are you satisfied by the sales of the book and do you plan another one?
– I’m pretty satisfied. Of course, I’m learning things as I go.
do have a third book waiting in the hands of beta readers. It’s due out in the summer of 2015. I’ve also completed two additional works. One has been pitched to an agent and the other is waiting for an additional round of edits and rewrites before sending off to my alpha reader and so on.
– What are you doing to promote your book by the best possible way?
– I keep researching marketing and promotion tips and analyzing my own sales to monitor what methods work and which ones need further tweaking.
– You have three kids. How you manage to find time for your writing?
– Often when they are asleep or not looking.
– How do you find the ideas for your books?
– I have a very gifted imagination. Sometimes I find inspiration in dreams, other times through minute things like a smell in the spring, etc.
– If you may ask yourself one question in the interview what it will be? (Don’t forget to answer)
– Where do I see myself in 5 years? Hopefully doing the same thing I’m doing right now with more time devoted to writing and having a few more bestsellers under my belt, and possibly a few awards too!
Check out more about Samantha at her Web Page
Take a look at her books
Made to Forget (Nepherium Novella Series Book 1)
Echoes of Memories (Nepherium Novella Series Book 2)
The Bone Sword (Cycle of Malik Book 1)
A Song of Betrayal (The Adventures of Weylin Book 1)
About Ognian GeorgievOgnian Georgiev is a sport journalist, who is working as an editor at the "Bulgaria Today" daily newspaper. He covered the Summer Olympics in Beijing 2008 and in London 2012. The author specializes in sports politics, investigations and coverage of Olympic sports events. Ognian Georgiev works as a TV broadcaster for Eurosport Bulgaria, Nova Broadcasting group, TV+, F+ and TV7. He is a commentator for fight sports events such as boxing/kickboxing and MMA. In May 2014 Ognian Georgiev released the English version of his book The White Prisoner: Galabin Boevski's secret story.
Posted on November 10, 2014, in Uncategorized and tagged A Song of Betrayal, author, books, Echoes of Memories, interview, Nepherium, Samantha Lafantasie, The Bone Sword. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.