AIOFE MARIE SHERIDAN: I WOULD LOVE TO BE A MIND READER
Posted by Ognian Georgiev
Aoife Marie Sheridan started Saskia Trilogy with the first book Eden Forest. It was her debut novel. She has three other books already published, but let’s turn back the time and hear from the author more about Eden Forest.
– What is your book Eden Forest about?
– Sarajane Anderson is your regular twenty-one year old with family, friends and a normal job. She also happens to be the only person who can save Saskia, a parallel world to earth. When Sarajane is taken to Saskia, she could never have imagined the reality of the world that she is stepping into- a world where magical abilities are in everyone’s possession. She must face a father she never knew, a world that is beyond her belief, a guardian who captures her heart; and a darkness that wants to take it. On her journey, Sarajane discovers her magical abilities, and realizes too that they come with a price. Sarajane is truly tested as her own loved ones are put at risk- the ultimate question she is forced to ask herself is, how do you choose who lives and who dies?
– How did you decide to write the story?
– The inspiration came from a few different things, one being my love for reading, I think it was Kelly Armstrong once said “If there is a book you always wanted to read but you could never find it, then write it yourself” so I did. Also I had lost two people in the year I started to write Eden Forest and he helped me focus on something else.
– What was the biggest challenge during the write up process?
– I didn’t find really any challenges to be honest, I just loved every second of it.
– Tell us something more about your main character? Is it close to someone from your real life?
– The main character in Eden Forest is Sarajane Anderson. She is raised in the mortal world with no idea that she is from Saskia a parallel world to earth. Taken as an infant by her mother to earth she grows into a normal girl unaware of her heritage or why she has been hidden amongst mortals. It’s not until she is taken to Saskia by force, that she soon realises who she is and what she must do. Her journey through Saskia changes her in so many ways. First she must believe in another world and also in creatures that shouldn’t exist and she also discovers love.
– How much time did you need to finish the story and to publish it?
– I finished writing Eden forest in about nine months, then to the publishing stage I think took over a year and a half.
– Who are you?
– Wow that’s a tough one. Who am I. Hmmm just me Aoife. Okay I shall try again, I’m a lover of paranormal and conspiracy theories, I am a reader, a writer. That’s all I have got right now.
– What may you say about your other Demon Series and the first book Hunters: Hunters?
– Hunters is so far away from Saskia. But it was a book that I started to write after meeting a healer and he explained to me all about angels and demons and so the idea popped into my head and grew. It’s dark and Abigail the MC is an alcoholic who self-harms (I’m not) so it took a lot of research but I’m happy with the end product.
– What are your writing habits?
– I work so I only write when I have time, no habits or schedule just write when free time comes my way.
– Are you satisfied by the sales of the book and do you plan another one?
– I have 16 more books started and I hope I never stop I just love writing and hope each book makes my writing stronger. I am not overjoyed with sales but like everything it takes time, and I am lucky that I have time.
– What are you doing to promote your book by the best possible way?
– Book tours, book trailer contacting reviewers and bloggers, promoting it on all social media sites. I am mostly using the internet for promoting my books but so far so good.
– Your name Aoife sounds great. What is the story behind it?
– Aoife is Irish as I’m from Ireland. It has two meanings one is “warrior princess” Which I am not. The other means “Beauty” that is debatable depending who you ask.
– How would you rank your favorite Top 3 fantasy authors and why you like them?
Maria V Snyder – love her world building
Kelly Armstrong – Love her depth that comes with her stories
Suzanne Collins – Love the emotions she makes me feel.
– If you may ask yourself one question in the interview what it will be? (Don’t forget to answer)
– If you could have any superpower, what would you choose?
What a cool questions but straight off the bat, I would love to be a mind reader, I think it would be awesome to hear everyone’s thoughts, but I would really like and on off button for it, or it could get really complicated.