REALLY RASHIDA: I WILL ALWAYS PUT MY HEART AND SOUL INTO MY WRITING
Posted by Ognian Georgiev
Rashida Willliams is writing under the pseudonym Really Rashida. Her last book No Sister Of Mine was released few weeks ago. She also has another novel Toxic, which premiered in 2013. Let’s learn something more about another young author in the next Q&A.
– What is your last book No Sister Of Mine about?
– No Sister Of Mine shows the bitter rivalry between two sets of sisters. They have different mothers but share the same father, a wealthy entrepreneur and retired street legend named Henry Cooper.
– How you decide to write the story?
– The story is loosely based on my family. I wanted to write a good, juicy story that reads like a soap opera.
– What was the biggest challenge during the write up process?
– The biggest challenge was knowing when to be done. As writer sometimes I get caught up with making it perfect that I take away from the actual release.
– Tell us something more about your main character? Is it close to someone from your real life?
– The main character, Genie Cooper, is loosely based on my older sister. She is the main protagonist in the story and she is determined to destroy her family and live forever off of their fortune. Genie is not a nice woman.
– How much time you need to finish the story and to publish it?
– It takes about a month for me to write and publish a book.
– Toxic is your debut novel. What is the story inside?
– Toxic was re-released as A Love Hate Thing earlier this year. It’s an urban thriller about an abused young mother named Tracey who decides to kill her boyfriend to break free from him. Unfortunately, the plan goes wrong and he escapes. Now Tracey has to find him and finish the job before it’s too late.
– Tell us about your other books?
– I have a book out called Club Nirvana 3. It’s a part of a series created by my publishing company. Each book is written by a different author on the roster. It is a dark fiction story about a couple fighting to escape an underground sex trafficking ring.
– Who are you?
– I am a lover of art who loves to laugh. I am a sensitive woman with big strength on the outside. I am an entrepreneur. I am a daughter, aunt, and sister.
– What are your writing habits?
– I don’t write every day but I keep a list of what I need to accomplish with my writing and I meet deadlines.
– Are you satisfied by the sales of the book and do you plan another one?
– I have two Amazon bestsellers and I am very happy with the sales of my books. I have two books coming out in October of this year. No Sister Of Mine II 10/15 and Wrong Number 10/31.
– What are you doing to promote by the best possible way your book?
– I am networking both on and offline. I just finished a book tour and I have many interviews and appearances lined up. I am being visible and real with my readers so the always know where to find me.
– You are from Cleveland. I am not sure if you are a basketball fan, but what do you think of Lebron James return to Cavs team?
– I love basketball but I’m not a die hard fan. I am very happy that Lebron came back to Cleveland. This is his home and he is the King here. Lol. I am excited to see what the Cavs can do now that he’s back.
– You’ve got huge experience in music industry. Why you decided to change directions and start to write?
– Writing is my first love and it never went anywhere. I had to find out where my writing fit in urban entertainment and I found that place when I started blogging and writing books.
– Ask yourself a question (And don’t forget to answer!)
– What do you want readers to know about you? – I will always put my heart and soul into my writing. Whenever you see Really Rashida or Rashida Williams you will know that you are getting quality work.
Take a look at her books: