Posted by Ognian Georgiev
Peter Fryer is our next featured guest. His novel THE DEMON INSIDE: Lost Soul’s is a classic ghost story. He is a professional automobiles salesman with big family, who turns to be a very good writer. Let’s hear from Peter about his new novel.
– What is your last book THE DEMON INSIDE: Lost Soul’s about?
– The book is about how a demonic possession is defeated by a boy who realizes his soul can only be saved by sacrificing his own life.
– How you decide to write the story?
– I’ve been told I was a good salesman and could probably write a good story if I wanted to. One day I decided to write a short ghost story which developed into this novel.
– What was the biggest challenge during the write up process?
– Trying to overcome the grammar and formatting involved in a written story so it is readable. My lack of education has created a challenge as I did not want this story rewritten by proofreaders or an editor.
– Tell us something more about your main character? Is it close to someone from your real life?
– Toby is a main character that I believe is someone we all can relate to. When we are honest with ourselves everyone will admit at some point in their life they wished Ill will on someone close to them.
– How much time you need to finish the story and to publish it?
– It is finished and self published, but how long before it gets read is up to how well it gets promoted. I am far from an expert in any of the marketing technics needed to do the promoting.
– What about your other two books: THE LAST MESSENGER: THE BEGINNING and A Heart from Within: Susans Story?
– I’m working on THE LAST MESSENGER: THE BEGINNING but A HEART FROM WITHIN is the draft of this book rewritten.
– Who are you?
– I’m a person who has many questions about who we are and what makes us tick. I believe that reality is harsh enough that without fantasy and our dreams and aspirations life would be depressing. I believe we all need to escape reality once in a while and this writing has become my escape.
– What are your writing habits?
– I don’t think I have developed any patterns quite yet. This is my first attempt at writing and also the first year of this new venture.
– Are you satisfied by the sales of the book and do you plan another one?
– No because I’ve just published on Amazon and am still learning what it is going to take to increase sales.
– What are you doing to promote by the best possible way your book?
– Not really that much I could use some suggestions that don’t include sending cash to one of the so called experts. I believe you get what you earn. Prove you can help promote my book before I send you a payment for something you haven’t done.
– I will quote you “We do not spend enough time with the people we love the most”. On what age we start to put some more attention on other things instead of our relatives?
– Every child clings to their family. I believe when most but not all people reach their mid teens its more of a what can you give me, rather than thank you for all you have done. Reality is a hard pill to swallow but most teenagers are no longer depend on their parents love as much as they depend on their pocketbooks.
– You are a professional car seller. What are the most common mistakes the people are doing when searching for a new auto?
– They overlook that a vehicle is meant to be a form of transportation and not a status symbol. Be practical and use the extra money to enjoy your days on this earth, instead of wondering if your going to be able to make your next payment.
– Do you believe in ghosts?
– Well I seen things that can not be explained away by an over active imagination but I have not seen enough to honestly be certain one way or the other. I do think there is a lot more going on that so far, anyone has proven one way or the other. The spirit world is one thing for sure and that is its a billion dollar market exploited by almost everyone one way or another.
Follow Peter Fryer on Twitter
Take a look at his books