PHILIP DONLAY: DONOVAN NASH IS A MAN WITH A BIG SECRET
Posted by Ognian Georgiev
Philip Donlay released the fifth part of Donovan Nash series, Code Black, in the middle of October. The next chapter of the airplane thriller was compared with a page-turner novel. “I couldn’t put it down”, “Exciting novel”, “A hold-your-breath thriller,” were the initial reactions by the readers.
With average 4.8 Amazon stars the title is a must for the fans of the genre.
Dear friends of Land of Books, let me introduce to you Mr. Philip Donlay.
– Philip, what is your book Code Black about?
– Code Black is the highest level of snow emergency at Chicago O’Hare Airport. The book is about two airplanes colliding. One crashes, one doesn’t, and the epic rescue to do whatever it takes to save the people aboard the remaining plane.
– How did you decide to write Donovan Nash Series?
– As a pilot, I knew I wanted to write thrillers using airplanes, and the more research I did I came up with the idea of Donovan Nash, a man with a secret so big that it would change virtually everything if the secret were revealed. If readers like Clive Cussler, or Michael Crichton, they should like my books too.
– What was the biggest challenge during the write up process?
– Getting access to Chicago O’Hare Airport for research, the tower, the snow removal operation, the airlines operations center, it’s all realistic because I’ve been there.
– Tell us something more about your main characters Donovan, Lauren and Henry? Are they close to someone from your real life?
– No, they are characters taken from bits of pieces from many people I’ve known over the years. Though all of the flying skill that Donovan possess, I like to think I could do the same thing.
– How much time did you need to finish the story and to publish it?
– I had so much fun brainstorming, researching, and writing this book that the entire process went fast, a little less than a year from start to finish.
– What the readers will find in the first part of Donovan Nash Series Category Five?
– In the beginning of Category Five, readers will learn about Donovan, his troubled past, his loyalty, his bravery, and how much he loves Dr. Lauren McKenna. They also learn about hurricanes, and what might happen as climate change alters the weather as we know it today.
– Who are you?
– I’m a former professional pilot with 14,000 hours of flying time, who has been to 40 countries on five continents. I’m a dreamer; an adventurer, and am happiest in the mountains fly fishing.
– What are your writing habits?
– When it’s time to settle in and write, I typically find a quiet remote cabin somewhere and write every day until the first draft is finished.
– Are you satisfied by the sales of your books?
– Yes, with the help of my readers all over the world. Absolutely
– What are you doing to promote your book by the best possible way?
– Facebook, Twitter, radio, television, and blog interviews. Also, world of mouth from the people who enjoy my work.
– When we will see your next novel and would you unveil something more about it?
– Pegasus Down will be released in March 2016. This is the first book that will take place almost entirely in Eastern Europe. I’m very excited about this book, and a synopsis can be found on my website in my blog.
– Which one is more exciting for you: To land successful an airplane or to finish a novel?
– Finishing a novel, or better yet, seeing my novel on the bookshelf of a store.
– Do you get some inspiration for your novel’s plots when you are flying?
– Of course, writers always play the “what if” game.
– If you may ask yourself one question in the interview what it will be?
– What do you hope your readers take away from reading the Donovan Nash series?
– First and foremost to be entertained, but to also understand that while Donovan Nash is a hero, so are many of the men and women flying airplanes each and every day keeping their passengers safe.
Learn more about Philip Donlay at his Website
Take a look at his books
About Ognian GeorgievOgnian Georgiev is a sport journalist, who is working as an editor at the "Bulgaria Today" daily newspaper. He covered the Summer Olympics in Beijing 2008 and in London 2012. The author specializes in sports politics, investigations and coverage of Olympic sports events. Ognian Georgiev works as a TV broadcaster for Eurosport Bulgaria, Nova Broadcasting group, TV+, F+ and TV7. He is a commentator for fight sports events such as boxing/kickboxing and MMA. In May 2014 Ognian Georgiev released the English version of his book The White Prisoner: Galabin Boevski's secret story.
Posted on November 21, 2015, in Author, Books, Interview and tagged author, Code Black, Donovan Nash, Pegasus Down, Philip Donlay. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment