WINTER RENSHAW: ARROGANT PLAYBOY WAS THE MOST FUN I’VE EVER HAD WRITING
Posted by Ognian Georgiev
Winter Renshaw appeared in the romance world earlier this year. The promising author made a dream career start with her first books. Now she continues with another smashing hit Arrogant Playboy. The novel was released on November 3, and jumped directly into Top 20 Kindle bestselling list.
It’s a great pleasure to welcome one again at Land of Books mysterious writer Winter Renshaw. If you missed our first interview – check it out here.
– Winter, welcome back to Land of Books. Tell us about your new release Arrogant Playboy?
– Arrogant Playboy is the third book in my ‘Arrogant’ series. The hero, Beckham King, is a former FLDS lost boy who moved to New York City, changed his name, and opted for a self-indulgent lifestyle. In the opening scene, he’s just ended a one-night stand with a woman, Odessa Russo, who is sort of an anomaly to him. Normally he’s the love ’em and leave ’em type, but she piques his interest. That doesn’t happen often, if ever. So he pursues her, much to her dismay, and she resists him as best she can, but a handful of unforeseen circumstances throws them together in ways neither of them could’ve ever anticipated.
– How did you come up with the plot?
– I introduced the characters briefly in my last book, Arrogant Master. Beckham is the younger half-brother of my hero in that book. Basically, I started out wanting to take a hero and heroine, give them off-the-charts chemistry, and make them fight tooth-and-nail to resist one another. I had to come up with ways to force them to cross paths over and over and in unexpected ways, which can be pretty tricky!
– Did you endure some sort of problems during the write up process?
– Actually, this book was the most fun I’ve ever had writing. I love all the books I write, but this one was a pure blast. No problems at all. I “pantsed” the entire thing (wrote without an outline) and let the characters tell me where they wanted to go. The story unfolded naturally!
– Tell us something more about your main character Beckham King? Is he connected by some sort with David Beckham?
– Ha! Unfortunately not. His given name is Beckham Townsend, but when he moved to New York as a young man looking for a fresh start, his uncle told him he was going to be the King of New York when it’s all said and done. One of the first things Beckham did when he hit the ground was change his last name to King.
– How much time did you need to finish the story and to publish it?
– From start to finish, it was about a five-six week process.
– Did you expect the success of Never Say Never Series and do you plan to continue with next chapters?
– I did not expect that success at all! I am truly humbled. I’m just a woman who has loved to write her whole life, so to be able to do this for a living is truly a dream come true. At this time, I’m not planning on continuing the Never series, although I did feature three of the characters from those books in my newest novella, Bitter Rivals, which is available exclusively in the Possess Anthology right now.
– What is next for you?
– I’m currently working on a standalone romantic suspense called Dark Paradise, which is new and challenging territory for me, but it’s good to stretch those writing muscles! After that I’m starting a new, super secret series that I’m really excited about! The stories are burning inside me, and I’m dying to get them on paper. Thank you so much for interviewing me! xo
Learn more about Winter Renshaw at her Facebook page