JEN FREDERICK: IN SACKED I MADE THE HERO A VIRGIN
Posted by Ognian Georgiev
A month ago, Jen Frederick released her latest novel Sacked. The Sports romance was received very well by the readers and currently is standing with average 4.6 Amazon stars from almost 200 reviews.
Our next guest entered at USA Today Bestselling list and took her part of literature glory with Hitman series and The Woodlands series. Let’s welcome lady Jen for our next chat.
– How did you decide to write the story?
– I love football and I love romance and I figured I had to write my own story. I particularly love to write a twist and so this time I made the hero a virgin instead of the heroine.
– What was the biggest challenge during the write up process?
– Making sure football wasn’t the focus. I actually cut out a lot of football details and I don’t know if I went far enough.
– Tell us something more about your main characters Knox and Ellie? Are they close to someone from your real life?
– Knox is a conglomeration of athletes I admire and read about. He’s focused and determined and when his intense desire is turned on Ellie, she has no defense. Ellie has a fierce love and loyalty toward her brother and she wants to see him succeed at all costs. But, as her brother points out, her team is pretty small and she could use some more people on her side.
– How much time did you need to finish the story and to publish it?
– Every book is different. I generally need three months from the time that the book is in draft form from the time I am ready to publish it. I need a couple of months for editing and then a month to get it ready for publication.
– What the readers will find in your popular Hitman series?
– Men who are immediately felled by love.
– Which is easier for you – to write as a single author or to be a co-author?
– Co-author! You get to bounce ideas off of each other and there’s no such thing as writer’s block because you have a fellow writer helping you unravel the knots and push you toward the finish line.
– What are your writing habits?
– I write every day. I feel writing is like any other muscle. You need to regularly work it out or it atrophies. While I like vacations, I’ve found that it’s hard to dive back into the writing routine if I take too long of a break.
– When we will see your next novel and would you unveil something more about it?
– I hope to publish the next book in the Gridiron series in January but the next book available is Revealed to Him published by Montlake in November.
– Do you remember the moment when you decided to start writing and publishing full novels?
– I started writing during the National Novel Writing Month but publishing the book didn’t really occur to me until I had finished the book the following February.
Check out her books:
The Charlotte Chronicles: A Novel (Jackson Boys Book 1)
Losing Control: Kerr Chronicles, Book 1
Sacked: A Novel (A Gridiron Novel Book 1)
Last Hit (A Hitman Novel Book 1)
Undeclared: The Woodlands, Book 1