L. WILDER: I HAVE BEEN BLOWN AWAY BY THE RESPONSE OF DEVIL CHASER’S MC SERIES
Posted by Ognian Georgiev
L. Wilder or Leslie Wilder is the author of the fresh romance series Devil Chaser’s MC. Our next guest is writing with a pen name and you will understand why in the following interview.
Her last book Combust was published on April 6 and already gained a lot of positive feedback. Currently the novel is standing strong with average 4.7 Amazon stars from 60 plus reviews. The story is in Top 40 Kindle bestselling list.
Let’s welcome L. Wilder in the next Land of Books Q&A.
– What is your book Combust about?
– Combust is part of an MC series I started last summer. This book deals with one of the main characters, Sheppard, and how he survives a gunshot wound with the help of a young resident doctor named Ana. They quickly fall in love, but Ana has trouble of her own. Sheppard is determined to make sure she is safe.
– How did you decide to write the story of Devil Chaser’s MC series?
– I have always wanted to try my hand at writing, but never found the time. My brother recently died, which made me rethink everything. I decided that I would give it a try. There is something about biker life that intrigues me. It is almost like a secret world they have created for themselves. Hidden under their dark helmets and private club houses, they are able to form a brotherhood or bond that fascinates me. I have been blown away by the positive response this series has received, and I hope that I can continue to please my readers.
– What was the biggest challenge during the write up process?
– The hardest part of writing is finding the time. I work full time, so it’s hard to pull it all together. I am hoping to spend several months writing my next book, and would like to make it a longer book.
– Tell us something more about your main characters Ana and Sheppard? Are they 100% fiction or it’s close to someone from your real life?
– Ana and Sheppard are 100% fiction. Courtney and some of the other girls remind me of my close friends, but they are all still figments of my imagination.
– How much time you need to finish the story and to publish it?
– It takes me about three months total to publish a book. It’s more than just writing the story. Finding the perfect cover, editing, and promoting take a great deal of time. I wish I could find a way to quicken the process, but three months is going to have to work for now.
– Did you expect such a postivie reception of your books by the readers when you published your debut one?
– I honestly didn’t expect to have a reaction to my books at all. I thought if I could just sell a few books, then I would have achieved my goal. When they all began to sell, I was pleasantly surprised. It has meant the world to me. My readers have been so wonderful to me, and they will never know what their kind words do to my heart.
– Who are you?
– I am a lover of romance novels, summer breaks, and unexpected quiet times when I can write without interruptions.
– What are your writing habits?
– I like to write in my bedroom with a scary movie in the background. I know it sounds crazy, but that’s what works for me. The scarier the better.
– Are you satisfied by the sales of the book?
– I am more than satisfied. I love having the sales, but the great response to the series means more. I really like knowing that my readers are happy with the story, and hopefully they will want to come back for more.
– Do you have plans for your next novel and would you unveil something around the plot?
– I am currently working on an anthology with a great group of authors. It is called Summer Fire and it releases this May. My entry will be called Summer Storm, and it is actually the intro to my next series.
– What are you doing to promote by the best possible way your book?
– I use Facebook and Twitter for most of my promoting. It has proven to be the easiest way for me. I am always looking for more ideas, so if someone has a suggestion, I’d love to hear it.
– Tell us the story of your pen name and why you don’t use author photo?
– I chose a pen name for my family. We live in rural area, and not everyone is a fan of this genre. I thought it would be easier in the long run.
– Ask yourself a question (And don’t forget to answer!)
– What are your plans for the future? I plan to continue writing, but I may try a few other genres. I have so many stories floating around in my head, and I look forward to putting them on paper.
Find out more about L. Wilder at her Facebook page
Take a look at her books:
Combust: A Devil Chaser’s MC Romance
Smolder: A Devil Chaser’s MC Romance
Inferno: A Devil Chaser’s MC Romance
Ignite: A Devil Chaser’s MC Romance
Consumed: A Devil Chaser’s MC Romance