KARPOV KINRADE: WE WERE SURPRISED BY HITCHED’S SUCCESS
Posted by Ognian Georgiev
Together in life, together in work. This is the flash non-fiction story of Kimberly and Dmitry, who are teaming up to produce Karpov Kinrade’s books. They are writing in many different genres with success. Their novel Hitched became USA Today Bestseller and found a place in Top 20 Amazon Kindle books. With pleasant assistance of Anne Chaconas from Badass Marketing Land of Books managed to question our next guests.
– Kimberly and Dmitry, did you expect your last novel Hitched to climb up among Top 20 Amazon ranks and to become USA Today Bestseller?
– We certainly hoped it would! But still we were surprised and excited when it did.
– How did you decide to write the story?
– The idea came to us last fall, for a romantic comedy featuring a woman who owns a bachelor party planning company in Las Vegas and wakes in a hotel after a night of partying married to her one-night stand, only she can’t remember how she got there. We thought it would make a fun premise for a romance, so we wrote it!
– What was the biggest challenge during the write up process?
– We were also working on Court of Nightfall at the time, a superhero urban fantasy that launched in December, and between the two deadlines in very different genres, it was sometimes hard to keep up.
– Tell us something more about your main characters? Are they close to someone from your real life?
– Kacie and Sebastian are completely fictional. We created Kacie as a spunky, strong independent woman who was career-driven and Sebastian as a very sexy pediatric surgeon who felt a strong calling to help children. The only thing even remotely pulled from real life is the relationship Kacie shares with her twin brother Tate. Their dynamic is very similar to Kimberly and her brother.
– How much time did you need to finish the story and to publish it?
– We wrote it in approximately a month and had it published within two months.
– Who are you?
– We are a wife/husband writing team who first fell in love with each other’s words, and then with each other. We adore each other, and have three daughters together. We write in multiple genres because we love stories of all kinds, and we have plans to continue our storytelling through television and movies eventually (both writing and directing).
– Do you remember the moment when you decide to team up and to become writers?
– We were writing partners before we fell in love, so once we were together it made sense to write together. We started writing with both of our names on the books but after the first book we officially co-wrote together we realized that all of our work involved the other person. We are always a team with all of our projects, so we made the decision to take a pen name together and write as one name for everything.
– What are your writing habits with three little girls around you?
– We try to do all of our writing while they are at school, and save weekends and evenings for family time, but with deadlines that doesn’t always work out. They are very patient with us during those long work hours, but then we make sure to take time off to do things as a family, together. They are a part of each book launch celebration and are also budding writers and artists in their own right.
– Are you satisfied by the sales of your novels?
– Yes. We feel very blessed to do what we love full time and live comfortably. Of course we are always pushing to build our fan base and expand, but we are grateful for every book we sell.
– What are you doing to promote your book by the best possible way?
– We have the best possible marketer/publicist in all the lands. Anne Chaconas of Badass Marketing is our eyes, ears, fingers, and brain. She works hard to launch our books, tour them, get reviews, and gain exposure. We also utilize ads on social media and print publications when they seem effective.
– Does your pen name Karpov Kinrade have some special story?
– Karpov is Dmytry’s last name and Kinrade is Kimberly’s last name. We took each other’s names when we got married and it made sense to use our last names as our pen name when we decided to have one name for all our work.
– What to expect from your next novels Seduced by Darkness and House of Ravens?
– Seduced by Darkness is the last book in a five book paranormal romance/mystery series. It’s the series that launched our careers and allowed us to write full time, so it’s very special to us and our fans. It’s a bittersweet goodbye to those beloved characters. House of Ravens is the second book in a new superhero urban fantasy series, The Nightfall Chronicles. Book 1, Court of Nightfall, launched in December and is enjoying a growing fan base. We have high hopes for this series as more and more fans discover the unique world we’ve created in this page-turning adventure.
– You mixed a lot of different genres as fantasy, romance, paranormal and mystery. How you managed to do it and still to write quality books?
– We work hard, long hours and try to stay very organized with our ideas, writing schedule and launch plans. We also have an excellent team of beta readers, and an epic editor and marketer, who all help us as we go. We love many genres so stories come to us from all of them!
– If you may ask yourself one question in the interview what it will be?
– You’ve asked some really great questions! Thank you for taking the time to research us and customize the questions to our career. The only other thing we can think of is perhaps, what would we say to a fan who wanted to know what they could do to support the spread of our books. To that we would say, first, we love you! And second, leave a review on Amazon and anywhere else you can, and tell all your friends and family about the book(s) you loved. It’s word of mouth that helps books sell.
Take a look at Karpov Kindrade’s books:
Forbidden Mind (The Forbidden Trilogy Book 1)
Call Me Cat (The Call Me Cat Trilogy, Book 1)
Seduced by Innocence (The Seduced Saga Book 1)
Court of Nightfall (The Nightfall Chronicles Book 1)