ANDREA R. COOPER: I WRITE WHENEVER THE KIDS ARE IN BED ASLEEP
Posted by Ognian Georgiev
Andrea R. Cooper is driving her literature car taking fantasy and romance turns. Her last novel Son of Dragons was published on April and was very well received (av. 4,8 stars in Amazon from 9 reviews). Our next guest has a very busy schedule, including raising three kids, but she finds time to write. Let’s hear from Andrea more about her novels.
– What is your last book Son of Dragons about?
– Son of Dragons is about a Prince torn between love and duty – and a secret not even he knows. Mirhana, is an Elvin warrior, and has vowed never to love another human … until she meets Prince Landon.
This novel is a fantasy/ paranormal romance. It is book two in my Legends of Oblivion series.
– How did you decide to write the story?
– When I finished book one, The Garnet Dagger, in this series, the story demanded more books. I didn’t plan on that. I thought it would be one book.
– What was the biggest challenge during the write up process?
– Getting the entire story down on paper, because often I try to edit while I’m writing, and that strangles the muse.
– Tell us something more about your main character? Is it close to someone from your real life?
– My main character, Mirhana, is based on all the traits I admire in women heroines. She is sarcastic and a great fighter like Black Widow (Natasha Romanova) – yet she strives to help people and doesn’t pretend to be something she’s not.
– How much time did you need to finish the story and to publish it?
– I plead the fifth. Ok, I can say between making major revision to publication was less than nine months.
– Viking Fire and The Garnet Dagger are the two most popular books by you. What the readers will find inside them?
– Viking Fire is a historical romance with a touch of magic. A cocky Viking versus a feisty Irish lass. Viking Flame – the prequel will be available before summer 2015, and I plan on writing the sequel Viking Blaze this spring.
The Garnet Dagger is a fantasy / paranormal romance. Like Tolkein/ Martin meets Underworld. The setting is fantasy in a mythical world of dragons, elves, and some creatures you’ve never heard of. There are also witches and vampires. Readers will find a cross-breeding when a vampire bites an Elvin.
– Who are you?
– I’m a wife and mother. A full-time employee and a writer. I have three children: two boys and a girl. I love reading, writing, dancing, Zumba, martial arts, SciFi movies, fantasy books and movies, and powerful female characters.
– What are your writing habits?
– I write whenever the kids are in bed asleep – pretty much the only time they a lot me. But the good news is, I hardly suffer from writer’s block, because I have such little time to actually write. When I do sit down, the words pour out of me from being bottled up all day.
– Are you satisfied by the sales of the book?
– I’m happy with any sales.
– What are you doing to promote your book by the best possible way?
– Being present online as much as possible. Author interviews, like this one, guest posts, twitter, TSU.co, Facebook, etc. I don’t think there is a magic formula – or at least I’m still looking for one.
– When we will see your next novel?
– Stolen Hearts Book 1 a contemporary romance suspense is forthcoming in early 2015.
– Do you remember the first time you decided to start writing a full novel?
– Yes. I’d read a historical romance (with Vikings), which I thought was totally illogical. I got so frustrated with the book, that I decided to try and write a book I would like to read. Ever since I can remember (2nd grade?) I made up characters and me and the neighborhood kids would act out the stories. But as far as writing a novel, I hadn’t really thought of it or even tried until that point.
– You believe in the power of change, but many people can’t make the decisive step. What kind of advice would you give to all persons who need to take a serious turn in their life?
– No one can make someone change. It has to come from within. I wanted a change and happiness, so I perused them. If someone wants to take a serious turn in their life, I suggest going to counseling, reading everything available on the subject matter including positive thinking and self-help novels – Wayne Dryer is awesome. Take the first step, then another. The desire has to be there, but it has to be well placed, a counselor can help.
– If you may ask yourself one question in the interview what it will be? (Don’t forget to answer)
– What would you do if you weren’t published? I would still write. I wish I’d joined in on the self-publishing ebook craze when it first skyrocketed 😉 For now, though, I’m happy working with my publishers.
Learn more about Andrea R. Cooper at her Web page
Take a look at her books
The Garnet Dagger (Crimson Romance)
Viking Fire (Crimson Romance)
Son of Dragons: Legends of Oblivion, Book 2
About Ognian GeorgievOgnian Georgiev is a sport journalist, who is working as an editor at the "Bulgaria Today" daily newspaper. He covered the Summer Olympics in Beijing 2008 and in London 2012. The author specializes in sports politics, investigations and coverage of Olympic sports events. Ognian Georgiev works as a TV broadcaster for Eurosport Bulgaria, Nova Broadcasting group, TV+, F+ and TV7. He is a commentator for fight sports events such as boxing/kickboxing and MMA. In May 2014 Ognian Georgiev released the English version of his book The White Prisoner: Galabin Boevski's secret story.
Posted on December 28, 2014, in Author, Books, Interview and tagged ANDREA R. COOPER, author, book, interview, Son of Dragons, The Garnet Dagger, Viking Fire. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment