DINA SILVER: THE UNIMAGINABLE WAS INSPIRED BY SOME FRIENDS OF MINE
Posted by Ognian Georgiev
Dina Silver’s The Unimaginable is part of Kindle First book program. The novel appeared in Top 20 rankings of Amazon Bestselling novels before the official release set for December 1. The readers showed great interest and rated pretty high the story (4,3 stars from 215 reviews). We’ve got a chance to make quick Q&A with our next featured author.
– What is your next book The Unimaginable about?
– It’s a story of love and adventure on the high seas.
– How did you decide to write the story?
– I was inspired by some friends of mine who sailed around the world. It took them four years, and it’s such an incredibly brave and humbling story.
– What was the biggest challenge during the write up process?
– Just making sure I got all of the sailing jargon right. My friends were instrumental in helping me.
– Tell us something more about your main character? Is it close to someone from your real life?
– Jessica is not based on anyone I know. I just really wanted to explore a character who was faced with the challenge of growing up in a small town, and always wished she could see the world. Then from there, what she would do with that opportunity.
– How much time did you need to finish the story and to publish it?
– It took a little over a year.
– What are your writing habits?
– I typically write in the morning, when my son is at school.
– Are you satisfied by the pre-sales and feedback of The Unimaginable?
– So far so good!
– Do you have plans for your next novel?
– Yes, I do. It’s more of a young adult novel.
– What are you doing to promote your book by the best possible way?
– I let my publisher take care of that 🙂
– How The Unimaginable was selected for the Kindle First book? Please explain what are the benefits of such honor from author point of view?
– I hope that it was selected because it’s a compelling story, and Amazon thought it would appeal to a mass audience. It is an honor, as you said, and I’m thrilled to have it reach so many readers because I love this book.
– One Pink Line became a huge hit. Tell us more about the book and did you expect such a positive feedback?
– I had no expectations for that book because it was the first one I ever published, so I was quite happy and humbled that it was so well received.
– Finding Bliss and Kat Fight are your other two novels. Give is some insight about them?
– Both of those books are wonderful stories based on real-life people. Kat Fight in particular is based on how I met my husband, and is a really fun romantic comedy. I had a great time writing that book.
– If you may ask yourself one question in the interview what it will be? (Don’t forget to answer)
– What are you reading now? Dark Places by Gillian Flynn.
Check out more about Dina Silver at her Web page