INTERVIEW FOR PATTY J SMITH’S BLOG
Posted by Ognian Georgiev
I was invited to do interview for Patty J Smith’s blog after she was my guest at Ognian Georgiev’s space. Check below our conversation or visit her blog, where you may find many interesting articles and authors presentations.
– What inspired you to become a writer?
– My job is related with writing. I am working as a sports reporter in “Bulgaria Today” daily newspaper. In the last 15 years it was a daily routine for me. However, writing a real book is something very different. The main character of my first novel “The white prisoner: Galabin Boevski” was the reason that I was inspired to put everything in one big story. My editor-in-chief encouraged me to write the story and this was just the beginning.
– Which of your books do you consider your pride and joy? Why?
– Easy answer, because I’ve got only one book “The white prisoner: Galabin Boevski’s secret story”. For now it’s my pride. I gave a lot in order to produce the final output. It was a joy as well, because the adrenaline during research and writing period was very high. Sometimes I had some problems with the sleep, because I was thinking non stop about the book and how to pave the readers’ road.
– Do you have any preparation rituals before you begin to write?
– I need silence. Because of my daily assignments in the newspaper, I don’t have much time to focus. This is why I worked on the novel after my work. Sometimes I was staying until 3 at the night in my office to develop the story chapter by chapter.
– If you had to come up with a book title to describe your life, what would it be?
– The Angel Who Saved My Life. I’ve got many risky situations since I was born. Thanks to my personal angel, I am still alive and in good condition. Now, at the age of almost 34 (next Monday is my birthday), I started to realize many things, that before were just passing by my mind without paying enough attention.
– If you had a chance to have dinner with any author who would it be?
– I will give you Top 3, ok? The first one would be Karl May. The German writer was my favorite during my child years. He describes by incredible way his characters and is a real teacher of the best human qualities. Number two would be Raymond Feist. He is my favorite fantasy author. I was very deep into his Midkemia world and all his great personages. Number 3 – Michael Connelly. He is a great master of crime literature and a person who I would like to interview one day.
– We all have family, work and other obligations…how do you maintain balance while in the middle of a writing project?
– The sad thing is that my family suffered when I wrote my book, because not much time left for them. Sometimes I feel kind of guilty about that, but my girlfriend and my daughter always supported me. They were very happy when the book finally was published and I would like to thank them once again for all the hugs they gave to me, when I had some bad moments during writing and publishing period.
– What is the one piece of advice you received about writing that helped you the most?
– Probably when I read somewhere that I need as much as possible eyes to take a look on my script before being published. I am very grateful to all test readers, who helped “The White Prisoner: Galabin Boevski’s secret story” to become better novel.
– Where can we purchase your books and how can we keep up with you?
– You may order the print version of the book here
– Last, but not least…..What and when is your next release? Provide a brief synopsis….
– I started recently with the research for my next book. Once again it will be a non-fiction sport book about the last man who beat the richest athlete in the world, Floyd Mayweather, and his incredible fate. Plans are the Bulgarian version to be published at the beginning of 2015 and the English version to be ready for the start of the next summer.
About Ognian GeorgievOgnian Georgiev is a sport journalist, who is working as an editor at the "Bulgaria Today" daily newspaper. He covered the Summer Olympics in Beijing 2008 and in London 2012. The author specializes in sports politics, investigations and coverage of Olympic sports events. Ognian Georgiev works as a TV broadcaster for Eurosport Bulgaria, Nova Broadcasting group, TV+, F+ and TV7. He is a commentator for fight sports events such as boxing/kickboxing and MMA. In May 2014 Ognian Georgiev released the English version of his book The White Prisoner: Galabin Boevski's secret story.
Posted on October 20, 2014, in Author, Interview, THE WHITE PRISONER and tagged author, Galabin Boevski, interview, Ognian Georgiev, PATTY J. SMITH, THE WHITE PRISONER. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.