INDIA WAS ONE: A JOURNEY BY ANONYMOUS AUTHOR
“India was One” was described with the following comment: “As a love story it breaks your heart to read of a married couple separated by country and culture”. Sounds familiar? Well, here we would like to introduce the author of the book. He preferred to stay anonymous and used just his nickname “An Indian”.
– What is your book about?
– It’s a ‘what-if’ book. What if India was further divided into two countries? Here is a brief synopsis: …Suddenly, he saw something shiny at the bottom of the abyss. He squinted his eyes to see what it was. He ran back to his binoculars and turned them to see what it was. Sharp barbed wires that separated the two mountains came into focus. He had come as far as he could in his country. But she was standing in another country.
He was in South India and she was in North India…
Have you ever imagined India being divided into two countries? What happens to the millions of Indians who are from South India but are now residing in North India? Kaahi & Jai were two such people who got trapped in this situation. Everything was going smoothly for them and suddenly, their world turned upside down.
How will they get together? Will India become one again?
Take an exciting journey with them from their college days in Mumbai to their life in the US and back to India when they find o- ut that India is divided.
– How you decide to write the story?
– I’ve been toying with the story in my mind for some time. I finally decided to pen it down.
– What was the biggest challenge during the write up process?
– I would not call it a challenge as I don’t consider myself a writer. I am merely the author of the book.
– Tell us something more about your main character? Is it close to someone from your real life?
– I’ve loosely based my characters of my experiences when I was growing up in India, and when I moved to the US.
– How much time you need to finish the story and to publish it?
– It took me less than a week to pour down my initial thoughts. It then took over a year to expand on them.
– Who are you?
– An Indian.
– What are your writing habits?
– As I said earlier, I’m not a writer. I am a web developer.
– Are you satisfied by the sales of the book and do you plan another one?
– Not really.
– What are you doing to promote by the best possible way your book?
– As every author knows, it’s extremely hard to market one’s book. Reviews, social-media, website, etc. are the best tools.
– Please describe the book market in India? How popular is reading in your country?
– Reading is extremely popular in India. The Indian readers are very aware of the latest happenings in the western world. All the best-sellers are immediately available in India. However, there are very few Indian authors who are famous in the west, even though they are famous in India. Those authors are only well known among Indians living abroad.
– What is the best Indian food that you may recommend to the first time visitors of Indian restaurant?
– India is too vast and diverse to have one single ‘best’ food. There is not one ‘best’ food. It doesn’t exist. That’s why, I’d highly recommend a first visitor to read my book to appreciate India’s diversity. People who have never visited India, and have read my book wrote comments like, ‘I didn’t know how diverse India is’, ‘I learned so much about the Indian culture’, etc. But the comments I am really proud of is when they say, ‘I want to visit India after reading your book’.
You may found the author here:
Order “India was one” here
Posted on August 3, 2014, in Uncategorized and tagged Anonymous, book, INDIA WAS ONE. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment