MEGAN CYRULEWSKI: EMOTIONAL ABUSE IS A FORM OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
Megan Cyrulewski is the author of “Who Am I?”. It’s not just a book. It’s a very personal adventure. Hats down to the author for the courage to share such a real life story. Here is very interesting talk with the author just two days before the official release of the book!
– Megan, what is your book about?
– My book, Who Am I? How My Daughter Taught Me to Let Go and Live Again, is about my journey into post-partum depression, anxiety disorder, panic attacks, stays in the psych ward, divorce, domestic violence, law school, how I managed to graduate from law school and a beautiful little girl who emerged from all of this chaos.
– How you decide to write the story?
– For two reasons: First, I want to address the negative stigma surrounding postpartum depression; and second, I want to let people know that emotional abuse is a form of domestic violence.
– What was the biggest challenge during the write up process?
– Reliving everything that had happened.
– How much time you need to finish the story and to publish it?
It took about 2 months to finish it. From the time I signed my contract to release date, about 9 months.
– Who are you?
A mom, an attorney and an author.
– What are your writing habits?
I have to tap a pen when I’m thinking. It’s weird, I know!
– Are you satisfied by the sales of the book and do you plan another one?
My release date is August 2, but I’m happy about the pre-release sales.
– What are you doing to promote by the best possible way your book?
Radio interviews, Book Blast on my release date, blog tours and newspaper interviews.
– You start to write very early short stories. What was your first one about?
– The first short story I remember writing was for my 4th grade teacher, Mr. Klaver. I wrote about how I got a splinter in my foot. The title? “My Foot.” Very creative, I know.
– How important is for small kids to listen their parents read them books?
– VERY important. My daughter LOVES going to the library and picking out books.
You may order “Who I am?” here
The price of the paperback is $11,99
For more info about Megan Cyrulewski, check here her personal web page
If you want to participate in our interview with authors section – take a look here